Comments

ralftaro wrote on 9/10/2009, 5:22 AM
Hi,

Ok, I better understand the question now that you phrase it this way.

I'm not aware that there's a function in Cleaning Lab that will automatically split a longer project during the burning process. That probably wouldn't be the best idea either, as the program is bound to split it at a completely inappropriate position, like right in the middle of a song. Murphy's law just wouldn't have it any other way.  :-)  So, you're probably better off manually splitting this into two projects. Keep in mind that all editing in Cleaning Lab is purely virtual. So, even if you have one long consistent audio file, you only need to trim it virtually in the Cleaning Lab timeline without affecting the source file. Find a suitable position to split and create two projects - one for the first and one for the second part.

If you have only slightly more than 80 minutes, you could experiment with 90 minute CD-R blanks as well. However, this isn't necessarily recommended for various reasons.

ralftaro wrote on 9/10/2009, 5:25 AM
P.S.: Consider burning a MP3 CD (i.e. a data disc with MP3 files on it), if your target device can play it. A whole bunch of modern CD players and car stereo systems already can. This way you can easily fit ten times more music onto one single CD-R blank than on a regular audio CD. Just an idea...