I have having an issue with outros. I want to have scrolling credits before I put in the outro, but don't know how to do it.

kirsta.lynn wrote on 11/24/2013, 11:49 AM

I am using Photostory Deluxe 2013 and I am using the curtain intro and also want to use the curtain outro, but I also want to have the scrolling text run as like the final credits on a movie and I can't figure out how to do this. I want the credits to roll and then at the end, have the curtain shut. Any help you can give me would greatly be appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/24/2013, 6:29 PM

Hi,

You have run into a slight limitation with PhotoStory over Move Edit Pro (MEP). The outro is actually on 4 tracks but only shows on one in PhotoStory. In MEP the user can do all kinds of great things to the effect; in PhotoStory you are limited.

Here are some of the things that you can do. If you have a lot of credits that you want to scroll before the screen closes, add a title to the previous slide or to the left of the outro effect. You can move it by dragging it. To add a title, simply select a slide and click on the T icon (title editor) or Ctrl+T and a title will be inserted. Change the text on the monitor to whatever you want. Use returns to get new lines because you will want text to scroll. In the Title editor box, change animiation to "From bottom to top," or whatever you want that is on the list, and change the length to suit. You can stretch out the text box to change the length. Check the font, size and colour to make sure that what is there is what you want.

Double-click on the outro and the title box will appear on the screen, probably with the word Outro. Change it or delete it. You can also modify the parameters, including animation, length, etc. You will have to play around with the length to get what you want. Same comment for font.

Lastly, read the manual to better understand what you are doing.

Enjoy!

Last changed by browj2 on 11/24/2013, 6:29 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

kirsta.lynn wrote on 11/24/2013, 7:03 PM

Thanks for the information. I have been reading the manuals and it hasn't helped much. I have just been playing with it and I found a way to make it work. I put in the credits and then I added a color swatch as a blank page, then added the outro and just added text to the outro before the curtain closed. It is working great. I have a friend who also has this program and she is also learning it as she goes along with trial and error. I guess that is what I will be doing before I have to create another slideshow next Fall for my daughter's soccer team. Thanks again so much for your help. 

browj2 wrote on 11/24/2013, 8:31 PM

Hi again,

Glad to help. Trial and error? You're doing what we all do - try everything, and learn! You will be amazed and so will those who watch the results. And you will be proud. Try to add in a photo overlaying the colour swatch. Change the size with the Size/position effect to make the image smaller, move it to the bottom of the screen, add a key frame (the +) or travel point, as they call it, move the timeline cursor further along, grab the  photo and move it up to the top of the screen, clip on the + to add another travel point. With trial and error, you can get a small image to scroll up the screen at the same time as your text.

I suggest that you get some video to go along with the photos, especially of the soccer. Action helps greatly, but use only short highlights. Add music. The program has great ways to add in music using soundmaker as well as outside music. Respect copywrite - don't distribute or post anything to YouTube for which you don't have ownership or a license.

Most of all, have fun!

Last changed by browj2 on 11/24/2013, 8:31 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

kirsta.lynn wrote on 11/25/2013, 10:01 AM

Hello!!

Thanks for all the tips. I have made slideshows before, but this program offers so much more and that is why my friend suggested I try it. I wish I had video, maybe next year, but with all the transitions and effects it makes the project move in different ways. I always ask the girls what music they would like and so that way they can enjoy it  for years to come. It makes a great gift for the seniors too!! Thanks again for all your help!!!!

kirsta.lynn wrote on 11/25/2013, 5:23 PM

Hey, I have another question about intros and outros. I am trying to put music in and the intro and outro that use the photo album has sound with it. Is there any way to get that sound off of there, so it doesn't effect my music? 

browj2 wrote on 11/28/2013, 10:41 AM

Hi,

I almost missed your last message.

I can't find a way to mute the sound on the intro. As I mentioned, the intro is actually made up of objects that go onto 4 tracks in Movie Edit Pro, but only 1 track shows up in PhotoStory. I tried to mute or reduce the sound on the second track and the movie track by adding sound to track 4, selecting the sound object, right click, Decrease volume, and playing with the settings to decrease volume of other audio tracks. I could not find a way to mute or decrease the volume of the intro hidden sound track. I looked at several other options - no easy way. I guess that this is one of the limitations of PhotoStory. It would be quite simple in Movie Edit Pro.

That said, I did find a way. If you really need this, then you will have to replace the ogg sound file for the intro or outro with another one. You have to carefully document what you do and save the original ogg file that you replace somewhere else temporarily so that you can get it back later. The intro outro files can be found in:

C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\PhotoStory on DVD 2013 Deluxe\IntroOutro

There you will see how the object is composed. For the Curtains_intro, you will have to replace the curtains_intro.ogg file with another one that has no sound. One way to do this is to record in Photostory. Import a slide, click on it, click on the microphone button for audio capture, select Add sound to each photo individually, note the folder location where it will be created and change the name of the wav to match the name of the ogg file that you will create, for example, to curtains_intro, but leave the filetype as wav, and create a sound bite without any noise for about 4 or 5 seconds. When you accept the recording, it will be placed on track 3, probably. Right click on it and select Edit sound (external). This will open Music Editor and bring in your sound clip. Here you can make adjustments to your sound if needed. Then do File, Export Audio and select Ogg Vorbis. Note where it will save the file and either change it or keep it. Execute.

Then go to the IntroOutro folder indicated above, change the filename of the ogg file to curtains_intro_orig.ogg or something that you will remember. Go and get the ogg file that you created and copy to this folder. It should now be the new curtains_intro.ogg file.

Go back to your music editor and exit it without saving. It will take you back to PhotoStory. Delete the sound object that you created. Now create the curtains intro on the first slide. It will use your new sound file that has no sound (unless you made some). Et voila, done.

Don't forget that what you did because someday you may want the original ogg file.

There is a simpler way. You could just open Music Editor from Programs and create the sound file directly without using PhotoStory, export the sound (or non sound) to the ogg format with the appropriate filename. This saves a couple of steps. While you are there, note how Music Editor works; it is for audio, not just music. This would be a good place to also prepare your sound tracks as you have much more flexibility than in Photostory. You can also add effects, do cleaning and mastering. Click on Effects on the menu or Cleaning just below the red record button, then mastering, to see most of the possibilities. Once done, export your production to a wav file and import it into Photostory.

Great fun! Let me know how you make out.

Regards,

Last changed by browj2 on 11/28/2013, 10:41 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

kirsta.lynn wrote on 11/28/2013, 8:29 PM

Thank you for the information. I am going to try and work on it tomorrow. I just got home and will be going to bed soon, but thank you so much!! I will keep you posted on how I make out. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanks again!!