Comments

SP. wrote on 6/25/2021, 4:15 PM

@Mark-Wadsworth Exe files are for Windows. You need the Mac installer from here: https://dl03.magix.net/trial_sound_forge_pro_mac_3.pkg

Be aware that Sound Forge for Mac will not run on Catalina or Big Sur.

Mark-Wadsworth wrote on 6/25/2021, 5:46 PM

thanks now I have to register online, I copied the serial number from my confirmation email and it will not accept it.

also, what is my "Computer ID"? Is that the same as "machine ID" from the email?

SP. wrote on 6/25/2021, 5:51 PM

@Mark-Wadsworth Are you sure you bought the Mac version of Sound Forge? If you got a Windows version it would explain why you got an exe file and your serial number doesn't work.

Mark-Wadsworth wrote on 6/25/2021, 5:53 PM

I do not know. I need the Apple version.

SP. wrote on 6/25/2021, 5:57 PM

@Mark-Wadsworth Please check your order confirmation e-mail. If you bought the Windows version you need to contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net or shop@magix.net.

Mark-Wadsworth wrote on 6/25/2021, 6:04 PM

What a crap set up you have, I have been messing about for four hours and spent £64 for absolutely nothing.I will not recommend you to anybody

SP. wrote on 6/26/2021, 1:22 AM

@Mark-Wadsworth We are just users like you. Here is no Magix staff. I don't know what you are doing and why it's not working. Your descriptions are not detailed enough so I'm mostly guessing.

Mark-Wadsworth wrote on 6/26/2021, 3:18 AM

SP, sorry if I was a bit rude. You have been very helpful and thanks for all your help.

The Magic site didn't ask me to choose "Mac" or "Windows" so I assumed it would automatically download the correct one, in other words the "Mac" version for me.

emmrecs wrote on 6/26/2021, 4:36 AM

@Mark-Wadsworth

I think we understand your frustration but, as @SP. says, we are all fellow-users, not Magix staff. ".exe" files are Windows only, the Mac version would be a ".dmg" file

Did you also note what @SP. wrote about Sound Forge Mac not being able to run under any recent release of Mac OS? This pinned post explains the official situation in this regard.

If your Mac runs a recent version of the OS you need to immediately request a refund. Email infoservice@magix.net and explain what has happened.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mark-Wadsworth wrote on 6/26/2021, 4:42 AM

Jeff, thanks, SP sent the link to the Mac DMG version. My Mac mini is quite old, runs Lion, it's from about 2013 I think. So hopefully that's ok.