I cannot register a second-hand program

Henryk-Waszyski wrote on 6/30/2022, 4:52 AM

Witam ! Proszę o wyjaśnienie tematu - parę lat wstecz kupilem od znajomego program Musik Meaker SN P2-removed by moderator. Moje niezliczone próby zarejestrowania programu kończyły sie niepowodzeniem. Program jest mi potrzebny. Dlatego pobrałem trial wersie i ją zarejestrowałem removed by moderator. Proszę o pomoc czy jest możliwe obecnie pracuję na systemie win10. Posiadam oryginalną płytę CD z programem i szereg dodatków do programu Pozdrawiam i dziękuję za odpowiedź.

Hello ! Please explain the topic - a few years ago I bought the Musik Meaker SN P2-xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx program from a friend. My countless attempts to register the program have failed. I need the program. That's why I downloaded the trial version and registered it removed nby moderator Please help if it is possible I am currently working on win10. I have the original CD with the program and a number of additions to the program. Regards and thank you for your answer.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 6/30/2022, 5:04 AM

@Henryk-Waszyski

Hi

In order for you to use the program your friend will have to send an email to infoservice@magix.net to say he/she has sold the program and to release it from their account.

However the program may not run correctly on Windows 10 if it is Music Maker MX or earlier.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/30/2022, 5:07 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Henryk-Waszyski wrote on 6/30/2022, 5:45 AM

Unfortunately, I do not have contact with this man at the moment, I wrote that he was a friend, but it was the man from the advertisement and I do not know him. However, I have the original CD with the SN number. One more thing - is it possible to update to win10

Henryk-Waszyski wrote on 6/30/2022, 6:13 AM

OK, thank you, Microsoft lost the second-hand Windows lawsuit, so I will try to refer the Music Meaker case to court, the MS case was a precedent, so there should be no problem here. Regards Henryk Waszynski.

emmrecs wrote on 6/30/2022, 6:17 AM

@Henryk-Waszyski

The core program of Music Maker is free so there is no cost to you to download and install that version.

However, if you would now like to upgrade to one of the paid-for editions, i.e. Plus or Premium, the Serial Number which you have for Music Maker MX should entitle you to the upgrade price for the latest version of whichever edition you want.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Edit: I see you posted again whilst I was typing my reply. I really have no idea what your mention of Microsoft and the second-hand Windows lawsuit has to do with your original question about how to register and use what is now a very old version of MM. If you are suggesting that somehow it is Microsoft that is preventing you from installing, registering and using your software this is completely wrong. There is no point at all in threatening any sort of court action to resolve this; the simple fact is that you have a second-hand copy of the software and the original owner from whom you bought it did not tell Magix that he had sold it to you and that Magix should therefore remove his registration details. Without that communication from the original owner the software will remain permanently registered to his email address. Nothing at all to do with Microsoft.

Last changed by emmrecs on 6/30/2022, 6:24 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 6/30/2022, 6:21 AM

@emmrecs I believe the license must be registered to the user account to get an reduced upgrade price. It seems to me this isn't the case here.

emmrecs wrote on 6/30/2022, 6:28 AM

@SP.

Good point! I think you are right about there being no solution to this without the original owner informing Magix of the licence transfer.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 6/30/2022, 3:47 PM

@Henryk-Waszyski

In addition to the above comments from @SP. and @emmrecs.

It is the responsibility of the seller to notify Magix that they want to sell the software licence - you never 'own' the software - and have it de-registered from their account.

Any issues you have are with the seller.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Henryk-Waszyski wrote on 7/1/2022, 2:54 AM

Thanks for explanation. My mention of Microsoft was for the purpose, which I wrote that MS lost to the court in the matter of secondary registration of programs (second-hand), which allowed customers to buy and register. I did not intend to frighten the court, the court is for impartial consideration of disputed cases. After all, the client gets a punch in the pocket anyway. I paid quite a bit of money for your program and I really can't use it legally. I do not quite understand what your company is all about when it comes to re-registering the program. Looks like I'm a criminal, I'm hiding in the basement so they won't find me when they come for me. Regards, I finish the topic a bit inconsolable but I am hopeful that someday it will be normal. hen😎🎹

SP. wrote on 7/1/2022, 3:35 AM

@Henryk-Waszyski This is just a user forum and no Magix staff is active here. So this is not "our" program.

If you contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and show them a picture of your disc and serial number it's possible that they could transfer the license to your account.

But it's also possible that they won't do it because they don't know if the previous owner is the same person that sold you the program. Maybe somebody took the CD and serial number from the owner without the owners knowledge. It could be stolen program. That would mean that customer support removes a stolen license from the current account and adds it to your account which would lead to a non functioning program for the original owner. You see the conflict?

emmrecs wrote on 7/1/2022, 2:15 PM

@Henryk-Waszyski

Thank you for the additional information in your latest post.

However, I think you are missing the point: Magix is not preventing you from registering the program! The person who sold you the software but did not carry out his responsibility to inform Magix of the sale is the one who is preventing the registration.

No-one, neither Magix nor any court of law can do anything about this simple fact: the person from whom you bought the software is the cause of your problem. He/she failed to do what was required of him/her. End of story, sorry!

Jeff

PATIENT-X wrote on 7/1/2022, 3:34 PM

@Henryk-Waszyski

Hello, welcome

I am afraid you are in a stalemate, without the sellers deactivation to allow you to use it, you are simply left with an unworkable product CD which may not also work anyway on Win 10, as everyone mentioned, contact the person who sold you the CD.

That is the solution to your problem.

If you cannot contact seller as you stated you purchased it years ago, then sorry but no-one can help you.

Ps Statement from Magix below:

We differentiate between private sale and dealer sale if you purchased second-hand software.

If the seller was a private person, please contact the seller directly. The seller is obliged to report the sale to us and to delete the registration of the product from his account.
If the seller was a retailer, please inform our sales department about the serial number and send a copy of the purchase receipt as an attachment to your request.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 7/1/2022, 4:05 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard