I can't stop a looping sound

DovidNachshon-Albright wrote on 12/30/2021, 5:51 PM

After I updated my Music Maker Premium 64bit program with the latest Patch, it restarted and went through a routine which included testing my sound system. It played a loop of notes and asked me if I could hear it and I indicated that I could. However, that loop of notes continues to sound, no matter what I do. I tried exiting the program to no effect. I even restarted my computer ... to no effect; the loop just began again after the computer came back on. I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the program ... to no effect. How do I stop this???

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/30/2021, 6:20 PM

@DovidNachshon-Albright

I even restarted my computer ... to no effect;

Did you just shut down your computer and turned it back on or did you restart it? There is a difference. A shutdown just saves your current system status and loads it back again when you turn your computer back on. A restart resets all programs and drivers.

DovidNachshon-Albright wrote on 12/30/2021, 6:39 PM

Thanks! I did both. Though I’ll try the restart again … maybe I’m misremembering

DovidNachshon-Albright wrote on 12/30/2021, 6:55 PM

Didn’t work. Still looping.

SP. wrote on 12/30/2021, 7:03 PM

@DovidNachshon-Albright This has to be one of the weirdest bugs. Are you using a MIDI device? Maybe there is some infinite MIDI feedback loop.

If you open Music Maker and go into the program settings try to set the audio driver to Direct Sound. Music Maker cannot play back MIDI notes with real-time monitoring if Direct Sound is selected as an audio driver.

DovidNachshon-Albright wrote on 12/30/2021, 7:05 PM

Yeah I tried that.

SP. wrote on 12/30/2021, 7:12 PM

@DovidNachshon-Albright What MIDI input and output is selected in your program settings under the Audio/MIDI tab?

SP. wrote on 12/30/2021, 7:15 PM

@DovidNachshon-Albright If you create a MIDI object in an audio track (by right clicking) you can double click on it to open the MIDI editor. There you will find a MIDI panic option that will send a Note Off-Event on all MIDI channels.

DovidNachshon-Albright wrote on 12/30/2021, 7:15 PM

My Focusrite midi

DovidNachshon-Albright wrote on 12/30/2021, 7:15 PM

I’ll try the panic … never thought of that

DovidNachshon-Albright wrote on 12/30/2021, 7:53 PM

Panic didn’t work. I’m pulling my hair out!

SP. wrote on 12/30/2021, 8:03 PM

@DovidNachshon-Albright Have you tried to unplug your Focusrite for a minute to reset it? And don't set your Focusrite MIDI as an input AND output. I would guess this can create an infinite loop.

DovidNachshon-Albright wrote on 12/30/2021, 8:33 PM

I’ll try that

DovidNachshon-Albright wrote on 12/30/2021, 10:38 PM

Nothing is working so I’m going to restore my computer to a restore point from last week and see if that works