I can't install MAGIX Music Maker 2013 on my Windows XP computer, any solutions please?

jayne_clegg wrote on 1/23/2013, 12:37 PM

I've tried to install this, but my computer isn't reacting to it, my computer is Windows XP. It didn't load up automatically as the manual says it should, so i went on my computer and click on MM2013 to load it up and nothing happened. It just won't let me do anything with it? I went on the MAGIX website and clicked on MAGIX PC Check & Tuning Free 2011 to see if the reason why it wouldn't work was because my software needed updating but even that didn't work, so i don't know what do? Need some advice asap please. Thanks.

Comments

VisionarySoundSystem wrote on 1/23/2013, 2:19 PM

Hi Jayne are you trying to load from a Disc or downloaded version? Is the version you have compatable with XP.?There is a way, which jI'm sure others on here can tell you, on how to make programs run on non-compatable systems.

Vis

Former user wrote on 1/23/2013, 7:34 PM

If you're running Windows XP, its my guess the computer is "old" and I have no idea how many programs you havae on  it ....how big is your disk drive....how much memory, etc.....etc....in any case, MM2013 will work fine on XP, I know because I have both it and Samplitude Producer 11.5 on same computer with 65 soundloops and any problems I have are usually self inflicted....so what do we do now....as suggested, remove all traces of MM2013.  If you have a CD do a reload...it should start by itself....let th e program run and then do the install prompt and let it alone until its done loading and yu should have a short cut on your monitor....if at any  time, none of this is happening, you either have a bad CD or issues with your PC....get rid of all junk files, unwanted/unused programs and do a disk defrag.  You will see messages telling you how much space you are using and how much space yu have left....usually tahe Magix programs check for correct space befor loading.  If all is well, you will havae a registration code that you will need to go online and register with Magix...this wil give you downloadable rights for MM2013 for ever.  If you registration was sucessful, yu now click on the Help linkk and it will say something like Download sound pools and content...click on this and Magaix will gaive yu lots of cool stuff....but you have to be patient when downloading because of download speed.  Good luck

florin-muth wrote on 3/20/2018, 8:02 AM

Hi... I have the same problem with Magix Free. My windows is 10. I went on my computer and click on MM free version to load it up and nothing happened.

emmrecs wrote on 3/20/2018, 10:29 AM

@florin-muth

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

You have resurrected a thread which is more than 5 years old and concerns a much older version of both Music Maker and Windows!

So, please start a new thread with your question, taking care to give us a lot more information about your computer and the version of Music Maker you have. Please read this post to see what sort of information we need.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam