I can't hear any audio from Sound Forge

Greg-Wilson wrote on 3/28/2021, 9:43 AM

Is there something new about the Sound Forge for playback? I upgraded from 10.0 to 14.0 last fall. When I load an audio clip and hit "play", I can see the channel indicators moving but I can't hear any sound. I played the same clips on Sound Forge 10 and about a hundred other applications on my computer which worked just fine. What's going on here?

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/28/2021, 11:03 AM

Look in "Options> Preferences> Audio" and try a different audio device type (playback). MS Sound Mapper (non-direct) and Classic Wave Driver are usually trouble-free.
I have also recommended ASIO-4-ALL a few times recently which has worked out in those cases.

btw @Greg-Wilson, you should state which version of Sound Forge you are using (AS or Pro) as well as other' pertinent info.. Read the 'Sticky'.
In any case welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum.

Greg-Wilson wrote on 3/28/2021, 12:51 PM

Thank you. RealTek ASIO worked for me. The others did not. That's weird. I've been using Sound Forge for 15 years and never had a problem. I didn't even know that setting existed. I'm running 14 Pro by the way on Windows 10 I-7 Processor with 32G of memory and an Nvidia 1660 Super graphics card. I appreciate your speedy solution!

rraud wrote on 3/28/2021, 1:12 PM

Strange that the Sound Mapper does not work. There my be another app running in the background using it. But at least the ASIO driver works.