I bought a soundpool but i want to return it to get it in a collection

ross-carruthers wrote on 5/24/2021, 12:59 PM

I bought a soundpool but i want to return it / upgrade it to get it in a collection

How do i go about doing that? I sent an email to shop@magix.net

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/24/2021, 1:24 PM

@ross-carruthers

I'm pretty certain you are going to be out of luck, sorry. My understanding is that ALL Soundpool purchases are "final", with no possibility of a refund.

However, depending upon how recently you actually purchased the Soundpool, it might be possible for you to request a cancellation. (The standard period is up to 14 days from the purchase date.) This page gives the full cancellation policy under which Magix operates.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/24/2021, 1:24 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ross-carruthers wrote on 5/25/2021, 5:46 AM

The documentation states I have a 14 day right to withdrawal.

It seems a bit legally questionable to sell something with one form of delivery that then revokes my 14 day rights.

If I do not get a refund I will pass it on as a complaint to trading standards.

I fully intend to buy the same content in a better value bundle sound collection.

https://www.magix.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Misc/PDF/en/magix_end-user-cancellation-policy.pdf

SP. wrote on 5/25/2021, 6:35 AM

@ross-carruthers You accepted the terms of service when buying the Soundpool. Refunding your purchase is pure goodwill and Magix doesn't need to do it. But they can to keep you as a customer.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/25/2021, 8:11 AM
If I do not get a refund I will pass it on as a complaint to trading standards.

Magix are a German company. Trading standards can't do anything.

ross-carruthers wrote on 5/25/2021, 10:31 AM

In which case I will take it up with paypal as a reported refund and the german / european equivalent of trading standards.

emmrecs wrote on 5/25/2021, 1:22 PM

@ross-carruthers

There is very little point in making threats in the forum about what you are going to attempt to do through legal channels in an attempt to secure your refund. Magix' Terms and Conditions are quite explicit and clear. By default, you accepted those conditions when you made the purchase. Magix (the company) has done nothing wrong if they refuse you a refund if it is outside the 14 days; you admit you made what was, at the time, the "correct" purchase. Subsequently, you decided that you wished to "upgrade" that purchase. Just because Magix do not offer a direct route to achieve that upgrade without you making a whole new purchase and not being credited with a refund of the original purchase price is clearly implicit in those terms.

Unless your refund request was made within 14 days of your original purchase Paypal will not issue you a refund because Magix have not done anything "wrong". And I'm pretty certain the German trading authorities will take exactly the same view.

Because there is no point at all in continuing this discussion I am going to close this thread.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam