Comments

ralftaro wrote on 3/24/2009, 8:14 AM
Hi there,

This means that your DVD player is rejecting the disc, either because it's in the wrong TV/video standard or because your DVD player generally rejects region 0 (= region-free) DVDs.

So, first of all, you should make sure you're burning your disc in the correct TV standard for your country (or for the DVD player you're using). You have two options here: There's NTSC (e.g. for North America and Japan) and there's PAL (e.g. for Europe and Australia). Usually the program will automatically detect your location and adjust everything accordingly. However, if that fails or if you plan on burning for a different destination country, you might have to check and adjust this setting manually: When you're in the DVD-burning stage of the program in the final DVD-burning dialog, bring up the "Encoder settings" and make sure once again that within the presets and/or the video format setting (under the advanced settings) the correct standard has been chosen. Once again: This should be NTSC if you're in the US, Canada or Japan. This should be PAL if you're e.g. in Europe or Australia.

Try this. Most likely the correct setting of the TV standard wil sort out the issue. If it is really the second option of the player rejecting region 0 discs, I'm afraid there's not that much you can do about it. Some players (e.g. by Sony) are officially restricted to only play the one region they were built for (e.g. region 1 in North America). From my experience, even some of those will play region 0, though. But the TV standard must be correct, cause that's an actual technical issue. The whole region thing is exclusively a political decision by the manufacturer.

I hope this helps.