I am creating a player profile video for soccer coaches. How do I include some type of marker or arrow that will follow me in the video? I am using "Movie Edit Pro 2013"

Cinder01 wrote on 1/6/2013, 8:58 PM

I am creating a player profile video for soccer coaches. How do I include some type of marker or arrow that will follow me in the video? I am using "Movie Edit Pro 2013"

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 1/7/2013, 2:09 AM

See the MEP 2013 Help file -- search for 'attach' (to picture position in the video) or in the pdf manual. It says:

You can attach a video, picture or text object to moved picture content of another
video. The attached object automatically completes the movement of a picture
element from the film, making it appear magnetic. For example, you could use this
method to insert a hat that stays on someone's head throughout, even if the person
hops through the picture.

cpc000cpc wrote on 1/14/2013, 6:15 PM

Cinder01,

I'll try. Select your clip and go to 'Effects' tab >> 'Design elements' >> 'Image objects' >> 'Presents'. Choose and double click on an arrow to add it to the timeline (which usually defaults to track 6). Change the arrow size by dragging on the marquee and position it near yourself in the preview window. [Playback marker should be at start of the clip, not as shown below.]

Then right click on your clip and pick 'Attach to picture position in the video' from the drop down menu. You will get on screen prompts to complete the process:

Note that the attachment calculation will be for the entire object (video clip) so if you only want yourself highlighted for a section of play make cuts to isolate that section first. From my limited experience the effect can be very good if the area to be followed is of high contrast as mentioned in the instructions -- and if the content remains very pretty much constant. For example it may not work very well if you attach an arrow to a front view and then then person turns around or moves very much closer of further away part way through the clip.

Also be aware the the attachment process can be done manually using keyframe animation. It's a lot of work but you can position the arrow exactly where you wont throughout the clip.

Hope this gets you started,

Carl