How to take an audio clip and change it's pitch to create a melody?

MrWilliam932 wrote on 2/19/2021, 12:36 PM

SO: Windows 10

Music maker version: 28.0.3.53

So, This is my first time using Music Maker and I was wondering how to create a song (or a melody for that matter) with just one short clip of audio (for example Gabe the dog remixes). Since I don't have the knowledge or vocabulary to find what I need myself, I wanted to tell a human so he/she can understand what I want and hopefully give me an answer.

To later edit the video I'm going to use Vegas Pro 15 (if that's useful for you for some reason).

I guess I have to somehow convert that audio clip into known note, then import it into some MIDI add-on and change it's pitch and speed/duration accordingly to the MIDI key I press.

I already tried Vita Sampler, but It's not what I want, Vita just repeats fragments of audio samples without changing the pitch, more like a drum than a keyboard.

Am I right?

So, The questions are:

1. Can Music Maker do that on It's own?

2. If not, Is there an addon to do that?, which one?

3. Do I need other piece of software?

4. Is any MIDI keyboard ok? (I happen to have a KORG nanoKEY2)

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/19/2021, 2:43 PM

@MrWilliam932

Hi

Assuming you have the Plus or Premium version of Music Maker (MMM).

There are several ways of doing this - probably the easiest way is to create a series of audio files with the required pitches as follows:

1. Load the initial recording apply Tempo/Pitch resample effect to adjust to the pitch you require
  2. Trim to length
  3. Export as WAV or MP3 file
  4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for as many pitches as you need.

You could then import these into MMM as required

or

load these into the Live Pads (Premium version only) and play these using the MIDI keyboard.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/19/2021, 2:46 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.