How to stop freezes

Karissa-Jorgensen wrote on 9/9/2021, 7:51 PM

Hi guys, I have the 2022 Magix music maker premium and my software freezes constantly! It usually occurs when I'm playing back edited tracks that I've recorded with midi; usually when I press the stop or pause button. Ocassionally it freezes when I'm fiddling with the VST instruments as well. Then when I shut the program down and restart it, it opens up my file as a blank sheet with none of my saved music.

I have a windows 10 operating system.

Is there a solution to this?
Thank you

Comments

Former user wrote on 9/10/2021, 12:20 AM

Just frozen screen with no error messages? If any error messages, what are they?

Is there anything in the Windows Event Viewer that might give a clue? Start + run > eventvwr.msc

Pay particular attention do disk errors - also check S.M.A.R.T.

Also, what sample rate, bit depth and buffer size are you using?

I am going to assume that the first thing you tried is upgrading all of your hardware drivers (visually using manufacturer's websites rather than Windows updates)

Karissa-Jorgensen wrote on 9/10/2021, 1:05 AM

Thank you for the reply!
There are no error messages no. What I meant by “freeze” is that all of the controls stop responding. When I click around with the mouse nothing works. I can’t even exit the program without using CTRL+ALT+DELETE to shut it down. There aren’t any error messages that pop up. Once I restart it it’s fine, (besides not recovering any of the music) but then it happens again after a couple of minutes of playing back and editing music. It doesn’t freeze if it’s just open and I’m not using it. Just seems to have problems once I start editing audio.

I have not tried the things you suggested, so I’ll give them a go and report back!

Thank you.

Allan-Davis wrote on 3/9/2024, 3:09 AM

Having the exact same issue

emmrecs wrote on 3/9/2024, 3:38 AM

@Allan-Davis

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Unfortunately your first post here is very considerably lacking in detail!

This thread is about Music Maker 2022. Is that the software you have? What are the symptoms of the problem you see? Please give us a step by step method that triggers the fault for you.

What version and build of Windows do you have? What is the spec of your computer? Please read this post for the level of detail which is invaluable for other users who wish to offer advice to you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam