Comments

SP. wrote on 3/1/2023, 4:02 AM

@Arthur-Gabhart The should be an option Write CD-Text on the Burn Disc-at-Once Audio CD dialog.

This writes the Disc Title, Disc Artist, Track Title and Track Artist to the CD.

rraud wrote on 3/1/2023, 10:51 AM

How to Render cd's with Metadata with wav files?

Hi @Arthur-Gabhart
The audio on your timeline will automatically be transcoded to PCM for the audio CD when it is burned if it is not already.

The basic CD header metadata, Name, Artist, Product code (UPC) ect., can be entered in 'View> Metadata> CD information'.
Song title(s) can be entered by right-clicking the song's track # bar and select rename. If you cannot see the CD track bar at the bottom of the timeline, enable 'Options> Data window> CD Tracks' Other CD preference settings are in "Options> Preferences> CD Settings" .
There is also a CD export command in the 'Instant Actions> Export' menu. If you have Sound Forge Pro, there is a DDP export for CD replication files.
Otherwise. if you have access to 'CD Architect' (which used to be included w/ Sound Forge Pro and/or sold separately), I would use that, which is more user friendly IMO.

btw.. what's a CD?

Arthur-Gabhart wrote on 3/1/2023, 6:40 PM

The should be an option Write CD-Text on the Burn Disc-at-Once Audio CD dialog.

I have Sound Forge Audio Studio 16. This is not an option

Does anyone know if this is a bug, or a feature?

rraud wrote on 3/2/2023, 11:18 AM

I think CD text is on by default for DAO (Disc-at-Once) CDs. I do not recall a on/off option for CD text like CD Arc has. btw, you can also enter the CD tracks titles in 'View> Metadata>Track list'

If the DAO mode is grayed-out altogether, perhaps you have not created any CD tracks. You must have at least one CD track to use DAO. Otherwise, Track-at-Once is the only option which does not support metadata (CD text). TAO is not Red Book compliant either and may not playback on all CD audio devices.