How To Make Insert Markers Solid

Pauly13 wrote on 5/30/2023, 2:13 PM

Hi. Somehow I changed the default behavior of my insert markers. Originally, the insert markers were a solid orange and if I simply dragged a cursor NEAR the marker it would snap right to it. I changed something and now the lines are segmented, like a series of vertical underscores. I tried to enable snapping with F8, but it does not work. How to get them back to solid lines and go back to their original snap-to behavior?? SF Audio Studio 15, Build 121, Windows 10.

Comments

rraud wrote on 5/31/2023, 12:52 PM

Hi @Pauly13, Go to the 'Options> Snapping' menu and enable, 'Snapping'. Confirm 'Markers' is enabled as well. When snapping is enabled, the vertical 'dotted' marker / region lines will change to solid.

btw, you can change the marker and region colors as well in "Options> Preferences> Display> Color preferences for> Regions: Markers". I do not like the default orange, but that's subjective.

Pauly13 wrote on 5/31/2023, 2:56 PM

Once again rraud to the rescue! The weird thing is, when inside the options>snapping flyout, all I did was click on snapping and then click on markers as you directed, but nothing seemed to change inside the flyout, like a check mark or some other indicator that it was enabled, it just looked the same. Is that normal? I mean, it worked, so there's that! Also, I never noticed the changing color option so I made them purple! Looks cool! Thanks so much, that was driving me bonkers.

Anyway I am not really a good engineer, much more of a songwriter - check out my work for free:

https://paulsantamaria.com/music-catalogue

I do a hell of a lot of sculpting in SF and enjoy the hell out of doing it. You might like my SEXTET CD.

You da man.

Paul

rraud wrote on 5/31/2023, 6:11 PM

Maybe you were not seeing the 'almost invisible' boxes around the icons, which indicates, enabled.
In the screenshot, I have Enable, Markers and Zero Crossings enabled... (thin blue box outline) The fly-out window is smaller in the application and even more difficult to see using a lighter display color option.

check out my work

Thanks, I'll check it out/

Pauly13 wrote on 5/31/2023, 7:44 PM

Yes I see them now! Ok man thanks for your help. This was driving me nutty haha.