How to Link Registered Serial Code to Installed Music Maker?

Nathaniel-Bemis wrote on 5/2/2022, 6:38 PM

I'm missing all premium features after activating via my serial/activation code. The program says I've already used my activation/Serial code when I re-enter it, but when I go into the MAGIX Service Center and click on my Serial Number/Product Key it says that both slots for live use of premium via that serial number key are open and yet unused, i.e. unassigned. How do I hook the Music Maker software on my computer to the "registered" serial number/activation key? How do I assign the key to the Music Maker on my computer? Both places (in the app and the place you enter it online in the service center) say the key is already registered and does not need to be re-entered. I've wiped the program off my computer and re-downloaded to no avail. I'm missing all premium vst intruments, etc.

Music Maker Premium Edition 2022 version 30.04.44 and Patch 30.0.5.47

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/2/2022, 6:41 PM

@Nathaniel-Bemis Music Maker doesn't use slots unlike other Magix products.

Try to log out and back into the user account inside Music Maker. You can also go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store to clean the store cache.

Nathaniel-Bemis wrote on 5/2/2022, 7:25 PM

I've done all that. When I do the drop down menu inside a project, it says Music Maker Plus and Music Maker Premium are both activated, but I have none of their VST instruments. And I when I go online to the MAGIX service center and click on My Products and click on the serial number, I am told that neither of the available activations for the key have been used. How the heck do I get to use premium? I'm stuck on free, even though I entered my serial number.

These instructions don't work: 1) There is no deactivate to click on under the help menu in the program and 2) There is no list of activated devices when I try the second strategy listed below.

DEACTIVATING

There are 2 different options to deactivate a registered license:

Using the help menu. You can use this method as often as you wish.  Go to Help > Deactivate Program; 

An online connection is required to do this. This then frees up an activation for a new installation.

Alternatively you can de-activate a serial number over The customer service center. 

Go to www.magix.com and click the "Sign in"  option at the top right to sign in to your account. 

Sign in and under My Products, go to your P3 serial number and click 'Show Activated Devices'. 

You can then deactivate a serial number from there. 

SP. wrote on 5/2/2022, 7:46 PM

@Nathaniel-Bemis Like I already wrote, Music Maker doesn't use slots in your user account and doesn't need to be deactivated. You just log in, wait a short time and then the program should say, that you use premium edition.

Instruments need to be downloaded from the Download tab inside Music Maker.

johnebaker wrote on 5/3/2022, 3:47 AM

@Nathaniel-Bemis

Hi

. . . . I'm missing all premium features after activating via my serial/activation code. . . . .

Did you download and install all the Extra content ie extra Soundpools, Instruments and Features/Functionality that appears under the Download tab ?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/3/2022, 3:47 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.