Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/25/2012, 11:35 AM

I wonder why you need to do this?

However, one way it can be done is to copy the original audio track and place the copy on the timeline directly below the original, taking care to align them very accurately. Then, using the Pan control, either on the track object or via the audio mixer, Pan one of the tracks hard left and the other hard right.  You may get a little "crosstalk" (where the Right channel appears very quietly on the Left and vice versa) but not loudly enough to prevent total separation of the two audio channels.

Also, and I'm not sure how/whether this would do what you want, but under Effects>Audio Effects>Presets there is a "Stereo Splitter".  Based on its name, if you drop this effect on to your audio track it should, I think, do what you want.

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 12/25/2012, 11:35 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

cpc000cpc wrote on 12/25/2012, 2:18 PM

In VPX (I've only got 2.5) a right click on a .wav file gives the option to 'Split stereo objects into mono objects' which then occupy their own tracks.The 'Stereo splitter' FX  I think only enhances the stereo separation. 

emmrecs wrote on 12/26/2012, 3:47 AM

In VPX (I've only got 2.5) a right click on a .wav file gives the option to 'Split stereo objects into mono objects' which then occupy their own tracks.The 'Stereo splitter' FX  I think only enhances the stereo separation. 

Carl, I had never spotted that before!  However, I have discovered that you must unlink audio and video for that option to become available (at least in VPX4).

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 12/26/2012, 3:47 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam