Comments

Art-Martin wrote on 5/2/2020, 11:34 PM

I had the same issue. Just stumbled across the fact that I needed to actually install Melodyne to use its functionality and now I can't find the email that had the activation code on it. How do I get that again? At the time I had no idea what Melodyne even did. I've started the 30 free trial but that won't last long and I would be willing to do an upgrade of the included version if I didn't have to pay full price. That add in is expensive especially a more featured version. The 30 day free trial gives you pro features so now I'm spoiled but that version is outrageous as to price.

Former user wrote on 5/3/2020, 11:16 PM

I had the same issue. Just stumbled across the fact that I needed to actually install Melodyne to use its functionality and now I can't find the email that had the activation code on it. How do I get that again? At the time I had no idea what Melodyne even did. I've started the 30 free trial but that won't last long and I would be willing to do an upgrade of the included version if I didn't have to pay full price. That add in is expensive especially a more featured version. The 30 day free trial gives you pro features so now I'm spoiled but that version is outrageous as to price.

Hey Art and Jez, the code for your melodyne should be in your account in magix login. Check there, if not, you are gonna have to email Magix support. Let me know if melodyne works for you. In my case, when I try to retune worst vocals in the universe (mine), Acid pro 10 takes a massive dump and I have to restart my PC. I am an avid Acid pro user (since 1998), with a star trek standard PC.

Art-Martin wrote on 5/4/2020, 5:10 PM

Good luck finding an email link or message contact link on this site anywhere. It always pops you into FAQ's instead. I'm about to scream. When I installed the Melodyne free trial it gave me the ability to run it in standalone mode so I just gave up trying to work with it while in Acid Pro 9. I instead find the .wav file name for each event, go out of AP and edit the file in Melodyne. At the end there's a replace option on the menu. When you go back into AP9, your event is updated and tuned. That method also prevents adding all that extra overhead and incredibly long loading times to your project. Reading the info about Melodyne from their site and other places where you can buy it, the version AP gives you is their absolute bare bone edition (Essential) which locks out a lot of their higher functionality. It also causes crashes in AP. The free trial seems to be their full featured edition which retails for over $800. In between are two other options with upgrade prices of around $100 - $200 for each step. It looks like their Assistant version will have most of what I would use. Having the license to the cheap version gives me the upgrade ability. The code for Melodyne is not in my Magix login although I do remember it in the email that's now lost.

Former user wrote on 5/4/2020, 10:48 PM

Good luck finding an email link or message contact link on this site anywhere. It always pops you into FAQ's instead. I'm about to scream. When I installed the Melodyne free trial it gave me the ability to run it in standalone mode so I just gave up trying to work with it while in Acid Pro 9. I instead find the .wav file name for each event, go out of AP and edit the file in Melodyne. At the end there's a replace option on the menu. When you go back into AP9, your event is updated and tuned. That method also prevents adding all that extra overhead and incredibly long loading times to your project. Reading the info about Melodyne from their site and other places where you can buy it, the version AP gives you is their absolute bare bone edition (Essential) which locks out a lot of their higher functionality. It also causes crashes in AP. The free trial seems to be their full featured edition which retails for over $800. In between are two other options with upgrade prices of around $100 - $200 for each step. It looks like their Assistant version will have most of what I would use. Having the license to the cheap version gives me the upgrade ability. The code for Melodyne is not in my Magix login although I do remember it in the email that's now lost.

Sorry man, in my case, even though I probably have the code somewhere, I really don't need it as Acid Pro can't handle Melodyne anyway. Plus I have the full version of melodyne, i either use it stand alone or in studio one.