Comments

SP. wrote on 5/30/2024, 12:12 AM

@damewest26 You don't need a special plugin. Simply import some of your favorite tracks and compare them to your track. You can even try to remake them until your version sounds as good as the original. It's simply a learning process. Check for subtle tricks like doubling vocals, bringing only the important parts to the foreground, don't overloading the track, having a tension arc in the composion etc.

Make sure the frequencies of the individual parts don't clash or else they might cancel out each other out. This can lead to a muddy and weak sound. This is why less is more. The more stuff is happening in the background, the harder it gets to sit well in the mix.

damewest26 wrote on 5/30/2024, 12:17 AM

Are You Talkn About When Equeing The Vocals ?

GRB wrote on 6/20/2024, 1:09 PM

@damewest26 You don't need a special plugin. Simply import some of your favorite tracks and compare them to your track. You can even try to remake them until your version sounds as good as the original. It's simply a learning process. Check for subtle tricks like doubling vocals, bringing only the important parts to the foreground, don't overloading the track, having a tension arc in the composion etc.

Make sure the frequencies of the individual parts don't clash or else they might cancel out each other out. This can lead to a muddy and weak sound. This is why less is more. The more stuff is happening in the background, the harder it gets to sit well in the mix.

This is a really good answer from SP. I'm no pro, but I have read lots over the years, try to learn what I can retain here and there, and what is mentioned is spot on... its a deep rabbit hole of concepts in learning, but simple small changes can actually make a huge difference, so you don't need to know it all right away.... google some mixing courses, articles, or videos on getting a mix 80 percent there with just EQ and Compression.... there is many avail.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

damewest26 wrote on 6/21/2024, 10:30 AM

Yes Brother It was Point On After I Read His Reply I Went Back and Seen it was Just That Something small made a Whole Different Outcome

GRB wrote on 6/21/2024, 1:41 PM

Yes Brother It was Point On After I Read His Reply I Went Back and Seen it was Just That Something small made a Whole Different Outcome

Right On, glad to hear his answer helped you and got things more "ear friendly" and balanced there.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

damewest26 wrote on 6/21/2024, 2:17 PM

Yeah The Brother Did And He Sparked an Idea That Made Me Go Back Over My Steps Then Boom God Blessed Me With The Answers 💯