Comments

rraud wrote on 7/9/2021, 11:41 AM

Firstly, there is nothing new in AS-15 that there is AS-14 that would be advantageous for removing mouth noise. You can try the 'vinyl click and crackle' tool, though I do not know which menu it is in. Sound Forge Pro has a few more advanced tools and the SF Pro 'Suite' includes even more advanced tools like SpectraLayers Pro. Third-party tools would include iZotope's RX Advanced. In any case, some noises are best removed manually through surgical editing or in conjunction with plug-ins.
If you can post a downloadable clip somewhere (Dropbox, WeTransfer, GoogleDrive, ect), experienced users could recommend more specifically.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Elana.

Elana wrote on 7/9/2021, 1:25 PM

Hi Raud,

I just realized it was to my advantage to upgrade to studio 15, as my subscription was scheduled to be renewed. I see Magix specifically advertises a feature for voiceover artists and podcasters. Remote editing? Not sure. What would you recommend specifically for this type of work in this program?

rraud wrote on 7/9/2021, 2:50 PM

iZotope's RX Advanced can be used as a stand alone app or as a plug-in (at least in SFP). The same with SpectraLayers Pro, SLP does not have as many 'auto' functions and more of a learning curve. As I stated, SLP is included with the SFP 'Suite', RX Adv is $1200..
Neither should be needed for properly recorded narration. Talent is the most important factor followed by hardware and the recording environment.

Elana wrote on 7/9/2021, 3:35 PM

This is true Raud.

I won’t need all the bells and whistles to create excellent dry vocal audio tracks in Sound Forge. Most of my tracks sound great! I must be able to edit (if need be) the recorded tracks for good, clean recordings for voiceover work. I have Izotope RX8 which I use with Audacity. I suppose I can use it as well with this program. Haven’t tried it yet, just received it yesterday!

Time to put my intuition to work!:-)

Thanks again for your help!

Elana