How to Create CD with Track Information

ViperTech wrote on 7/27/2021, 4:20 PM

Having a Problem when creating CD compilations.. The Tracks are there They are numbered and labeled.. But when I go to save as , there is no CDA format available to export to.. When saving to a WAV File it only creates one large WAV with all the music in just 1 track... I have tried everything in the tutorial and for Sound Forge Audio 15 None of the Functions work as described in the manual.. Most of the option are "Grayed Out".. So cannot edit the Track List , Only the Regions List and CD Information are editable... Please help, All Guidance is appreciated...

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/28/2021, 11:41 AM

Did you create the CD tracks? There are a few ways to do so, assuming it is similar to 'SF Pro' and 'CD Architect' (Create CD tracks from Regions) is one method, selecting a section of the timeline and pressing the 'N' key is another. Once you have the tracks, you should be able to edit placements.,,. Nor can SF create CD 'image' files natively. You burn must burn the CD with Sound Forge . Maybe an AS user can elaborate. I use SF Pro user and use that or 'CD Architect' (which I prefer) in the rare instance someone requests a CD.

OTOH, SF Pro has 'DDP export' for third-party CD replicators.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @ViperTech.

Rednroll wrote on 7/29/2021, 1:00 PM

If you want to create a CD image file using Sound Forge, you will likely need to install CD/DVD burner emulator.

Never tried it, but here is such a thing. It will show up on your system as a virtual DVD burner drive and create an ISO file when you use other programs to burn to it.

https://www.kernsafe.com/product/totalmounter.aspx

Rednroll wrote on 7/29/2021, 1:23 PM

Did you create the CD tracks? There are a few ways to do so, assuming it is similar to 'SF Pro' and 'CD Architect' (Create CD tracks from Regions) is one method, selecting a section of the timeline and pressing the 'N' key is another. Once you have the tracks, you should be able to edit placements.,,. Nor can SF create CD 'image' files natively. You burn must burn the CD with Sound Forge . Maybe an AS user can elaborate. I use SF Pro user and use that or 'CD Architect' (which I prefer) in the rare instance someone requests a CD.

OTOH, SF Pro has 'DDP export' for third-party CD replicators.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @ViperTech.

Hi rraud, does CD Architect still work on Win10 x64 and show up as a menu item in SF Pro 15 x64?

I haven't tried to install it and just assumed it was another great program which got lost in the shuffle.

Like yourself, don't hardly burn CDs any longer and I don't feel the CD functions within SFP are as good as they were in CD Architect. It took me awhile to figure out in SFP 15, I needed to be in the event editor mode and had to insert a Split to create another event to insert multiple CD tracks on a single audio file. Seems like a couple extra unnecessary steps added where I'm not currently able to identify the benefit of those additional steps. The workflow went from pressing the N key to insert a track to now pressing the S (Split) key followed by the N key.

I will install CD Architect in the rare case I need it, but don't want to do so until I know it actually works as it did in the past. Going from memory, I also believe CD Architect allowed you to create a CD image file inside of it.

rraud wrote on 7/29/2021, 3:33 PM

Hi Red, I have not installed CD Arc on my Win 10 PCs, both of which do not have internal optical disc drives anyway. So I use one of my old XP or Vista PCs if I need to author and burn a disc. But based on older versions of Sound Forge (SF 8 and 9) running on Win 10, I would think will run just fine.

CDA does not support saving CD Image files AFAIK. I sometimes save the CDA file and media. I have used 'ImgBurn' as well to generate image files (from a pristine disc), Nero is another option, but the files are proprietary and the project must be authored there.
SF Pro 15's 'DDP Export' (Tools menu) can create a <.dat> file image, <.bin> and others, but I have not experimented beyond the export.