How to color the ranges

daeell29-ukysse wrote on 10/10/2017, 8:49 AM

at the top of the main window ( the arranger window where are the traks ), i would like to give some colors to my ranges .

For intsnace , from bar 1 to bar 16 , a color with a name to tell it s an intro , from bar 17 to bar 20 , an another color and a name to tell therre is an acceleration of the rythm , from 21 to 32 , anothers to tell it s the firs verse etc ...

I know , when i use the "live arranger tool" ( menu Vies / Mix / Live Arranger , press "set 2" or "set 4") , it can define some ranges with different colors , and we can rename these ranges but they are limited only to 2 bars and 4 bars and i can t change their size

How to define the ranges and define the colors and the name manually ?

Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/10/2017, 8:14 PM

Hi,

Which version of MMM are you using? Basic, Plus or Premium? Year or version/patch - see under Help, About.

You have to use the Live Arranger. Use the yellow range/loop bar at the top to define a range, say 8 bars. To zoom out on the Arranger, use the zoom buttons at the lower left of the window. Now select a letter to define the range.- you may have to type the letter because I found that clicking on the letter under Live Arranger does not work until the letter is assigned. If you want to increase the length of one and thus decrease the one to the right, try hovering near the end of the coloured range bar. When you see the left/right arrows, drag to the right. It is sometimes difficult. You need to be really at the top of the coloured bar. If you hover over the top line of the coloured bar, you will see a small box. This is what you are looking for. If you aren't close to the end of a coloured bar, you can actually drag the bar left or right. Like I said, it's not easy or obvious until you know how.

Right-click in a coloured bar and you will have a menu with rename and delete. This is where you give the name. The letter that you selected for the range will remain.

If you right-click on the letters of the Live Arranger, you will see another menu with "Assign to current area," "Rename," and "Delete."

I have not found a way to change the colour as I think that the colours are pre-assigned to the letters.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos