Comments

Procyon wrote on 11/25/2010, 3:42 PM

Absolutely!  I've done it to at least three of my favorite "oldies".  There are limits to what can be done in MMM, but you'd be surprised what you can do with a solid knowledge of the software and your own imagination.

Obviously, the results would be much better if you had access to the original multi-track recordings, but that would be very unlikely unless you are a well-known, professional sound engineer.

I'd love to post what I've done for educational purposes, but I can't because it would violate copyright laws.  In the USA, You are permitted to do this for your own entertainment, but copyright laws forbid sharing, playing, or posting your work ("borrowed" from previous recordings) in public or for profit.  You would need the expressed, written permission of the copyright holder to do so.

The subject is so vast it is only possible to answer specific questions, which I have done on many occasions.

Procyon wrote on 11/25/2010, 5:56 PM

You must already have an idea which songs you want to remix and what style you'd like your remix to emulate.

The first thing you must do is learn how to use the Music Maker software. The only way to do that is to use it.

Reading and understanding the manual and help files is a good place to start. Then, start with something simple until you learn the basics.  Once you learn the basics, you can try more adventurous things.

You can try the remix agent. Only you will know if it will take you where you want to go.

First I'd recommend using the Beat Finder to assign the beat to the track to be remixed.  You can also resample it to quantize the track if you wish.  That's assuming Beat Finder is able to find and "lock on" the beat.  Then, import the track into a new arrangement which will set the arrangement tempo to the same tempo as the track to be remixed.  This way any soundpool objects will automatically be imported at the same tempo for easy integration.

As I said, there is no way anyone could offer you a comprehensive tutorial on this forum or in a private email.  We'd be glad to help if you run into a problem.