How many simultaneous instruments/VSTs in Samplitude Pro X2?

Munenushi wrote on 3/9/2018, 12:07 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong Forum for this (it just said Samplitude), but I was considering upgrading to Samplitude Pro and was wondering how many simultaneous MIDI Instruments/VSTs can be operating at one time?

The reason I ask this is, I had already gone from Music Maker to Samplitude and noticed that it could only run 16 Instruments/VSTs at once (eg. MAGIX's VSTs/Instruments that they sell, which are great). After that, it would give an error.

This could be 'worked around' by 'bumping' them to WAV files in the Timeline temporarily, but I would really like to maintain multiple MIDI VSTs at once, all working at the same time, tweaking their effects/settings as I go.

I would be using the 64-bit version of Samplitude Pro X2, if that assists at all.

Thank you for any information!

Comments

dark_spartan wrote on 3/9/2018, 11:00 PM

"Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 1F176/3"

It might need an account created or something first before you can view it.

robertNC wrote on 3/9/2018, 11:21 PM

Oh right, sorry for that. The forum is locked out for nonregistered, but you can read the newcomer forum without registering http://support2.magix.net/boards/samplitude/index.php?/forum/13-english-newcomer-forum/

You can, in fact, have an unlimited number of vst http://www.magix-audio.com/fileadmin/user_upload/products/samplitude/pro_X2/pdf/Product_Comparison_Samplitude_US.pdf

browj2 wrote on 3/10/2018, 1:39 AM

Hi,

The limit is usually governed by the power of the computer. It often doesn't take too many VST's and VST's before you computer starts protesting. Follow the instructions in the manual about freezing or mixing down tracks to use the audio file for a track rather than an instrument/MIDI track. This reduces overhead. You can always unfreeze a track.

Other than joining the other forum, you may want to look at the tutorials by Kraznet on YouTube. There are link in the forum.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Munenushi wrote on 3/11/2018, 3:56 PM

Thank you very much for all the helpful information!

It is great to hear that the Samplitude Pro version can support more than 16 simultaneous VST's (and I will keep your cautionary advice in mind, browj) - I am looking forward to playing with it!

Thanks again, everyone!