HOW DO YOU KEEP 4/4 TIME

Michael-Warren wrote on 5/3/2020, 11:36 PM

Creating music in Acid family of programs is a little bit difficult and confusing, considering the digital time signature used. I personally learned music in school at an early age, and continued through out life. The numbers on the computer or Acid time signature should correspond to normal music theory; and we are used to divisibles of four, that are 0, 4, 8, 12, 16, and so on. I cannot create music easily looking at the numbers that Acid is showing me, that are not divisible of four, for 4/4 time. How do you deal with numbers such as 5.1, 9.1. 13.1? Please change that so that us traditional musicians can use Acid as well for transcribing or composing music. Was Acid made by actual musicians, or some kind of tekky drug addicts? Man this just isn't music, sometimes; it's stupid, annoying, loud, repetitive.... noise!

Comments

Former user wrote on 5/4/2020, 3:59 AM

Creating music in Acid family of programs is a little bit difficult and confusing, considering the digital time signature used. I personally learned music in school at an early age, and continued through out life. The numbers on the computer or Acid time signature should correspond to normal music theory; and we are used to divisibles of four, that are 0, 4, 8, 12, 16, and so on. I cannot create music easily looking at the numbers that Acid is showing me, that are not divisible of four, for 4/4 time. How do you deal with numbers such as 5.1, 9.1. 13.1? Please change that so that us traditional musicians can use Acid as well for transcribing or composing music. Was Acid made by actual musicians, or some kind of tekky drug addicts? Man this just isn't music, sometimes; it's stupid, annoying, loud, repetitive.... noise!

It is called the Time Ruler and every DAW out there has it. You asked that to be changed, what would you want that changed to? The numbers you mentioned are Bars to make things easier, a trained musician would easily figure that out. Acid pro is capable of not just 4/4 but any other time signature you can think of. It is all in how well you know the software you are working with. However, if the numbers bother you, and you have already bought Acid, press F8 and turn off Grid, everything will move around freely. Your comment about who created Acid Pro, the people who created it were called Sonic Foundry and were the Geniuses. No DAW on earth has been able to match what Acid Pro can do. There are flaws, but the workflow is unmatched. Yes, I am a trained musician. Not only in Western music, but East Indian Classical as well. Everyone who uses Acid Pro is a REAL musician of some sort.

So, you sound like you are very new to DAW world, I would highly suggest using Audacity to get started. Good Luck to you.