how do use my activation key on a laptop not linked to the internet?

melencolia wrote on 4/14/2009, 10:53 AM
I use my laptop for digital stories and have installed the trial version of Audio cleaning lab 15 on it.  Love the programe. 
The laptop is not, and will never be, conected to the internet so trying to put an activation code in doesn't work as it keeps trying to connect to the internet.  How do I get it to work?  I've had to put the software on my computer but I dont want it there as I work in the field and record audio via a Tascam audio interface and microphone direct to my laptop. I've sent for an CD version as well, will this cause the same problems?  I've a deadline of Friday and would rather not have to move files about from laptop to flash drive to computer and then back again.  This is so frustrating!  The trial software ran out on the laptop whilst I was recording and I had to revert back to Audacity, which isn't so good.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/15/2009, 12:19 AM
Hi,

The disc version would basically get your around the problem, as it doesn't require any online activation. However, even the download versions features an offline activation option in the activation dialog. If you can obtain the ID code from the post/fax activation button and submit it to Magix sales/support via the e-mail contact from on the support site, they will be able to sort you out with a code that can unlock the software on your offline machine.

I hope this helps!