Comments

john-auvil wrote on 5/10/2011, 10:43 AM

For Movie Edit Pro 16/17

I do not believe that is possible. I think the idea of the handles on the text box was to resize the text inside without having to assign or reassign font values. Using the center of the text box allows you to move the text within the screen with also a button to center the text box.

In advanced you have an area where you can de-select a feature to allow the text to travel outside the viewable area.

I am curious though... what would you need for making the text box larger but keeping the text size unchanged?

southofnonorth wrote on 5/10/2011, 11:00 AM

Thanks for a quick reply.  Whenever I put a filter on the box it obscures the beginnings of the lines.  I thought if I could re-size the text within the box, this might help my problem.  I do not want to centre the text - it does not look very good.

The problem I'm having is really with the margins within a text box (see my first question).  If I could change the margins, I would not need to worry about the scaling.  Also changing the size of the box often distorts the text.  I'm new to this software and I was expecting the kind of editability you would get in Word or Powerpoint.  The manual is not very explicit about editing and formatting text boxes (and other things).

Many thanks

For Movie Edit Pro 16/17

I do not believe that is possible. I think the idea of the handles on the text box was to resize the text inside without having to assign or reassign font values. Using the center of the text box allows you to move the text within the screen with also a button to center the text box.

In advanced you have an area where you can de-select a feature to allow the text to travel outside the viewable area.

I am curious though... what would you need for making the text box larger but keeping the text size unchanged?