How do i record whilst using the mixer?

Gman wrote on 4/23/2012, 1:47 PM

I am using Magix Music Maker 17 Premium on a fairly powerful computer. I have put together a track using 12 different channels, what i would like to do is use the mixer to play about with the sound effects of each individual channel in turn whilst each time recording the changes i make but i have no idea how to do this. I have no external soundpad or mixing device, I am just using the on screen mixer and my mouse. Obviously I have found ways of altering the effects each channel but its a long boring process, to be able to do it whilst the track is playing and the effects i change to that channel be recorded each time would be much easier. Please help

Comments

Procyon wrote on 4/23/2012, 7:28 PM

Sorry, this software is not capable of what you want.  The only way is the "long boring process" using effects animation.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people expect software costing less than $100 to work like professional hardware costing thousands of dollars.

Lubomir-Rabatin wrote on 2/16/2021, 6:08 AM

Hello,

it is still not possible to record whilst using the mixer in MMM 2021? Thank you.

Lubomir-Rabatin wrote on 2/16/2021, 7:36 AM

Hello,

and one more question related to this please....if i created some sound effect from VST instrument (for example from phaser) Can i turn off the VST instrument playing behind (in my case piano) and hear only new sound effect which i created? Thank you.

emmrecs wrote on 2/16/2021, 7:54 AM

@Lubomir-Rabatin

This topic is nearly nine years old!  Please do not resurrect such old threads.

The answer to the question that is the subject of this thread is, No, as previously indicated.

For your second question, please start a new thread to ask ti.

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam