Comments

feluraunt wrote on 5/2/2008, 10:41 AM
What are your system resources like? Do you have applications running from startup?

It sounds to me that the system is taxed for resources which would surely cause the video to playback jerky (especially if you use any transitions, effects, and text in the project).

When I started using the MEP program I had a similar problem with video playback skipping. I talked to someone at MAGIX support and they pointed out that startup programs can waste necessary resources and I should try reducing the amount of application that start when I turn on my computer.

I did a MSCONFIG and found out that I had like 30 things that ran as soon as I turned on my computer. I was pretty shocked, but I disabled all of them and then tried the MEP software and it was smooth from there.

Maybe that could help you out as well. If you are not sure how to do a MSCONFIG, you might want to research it, but to put it quickly, you go to the "Start" button of Windows, then to the "Run" function. From there, you type in MSCONFIG and press "OK". That opens the Microsoft System Configuration Utility. Locate the last tab called "Startup" and click that. Notice everything in there with a 'Green' check mark is a program or utility that runs when you start the computer. To check if this might be the issue, use the "Disable All" button, it will make you reboot the computer, once it has restarted it will give you a warning box that the system is on a selective startup (because you modified the way it was set before), you can close that but I would recommend you allow it to keep reminding you, so you know... when you have everything disabled, you are not running antiviral software. Once the system has booted up (should be pretty fast now as it doesn't need to start all those other applications) you should open the MEP project and see if you have that jitter still. If not, you know it’s a resource issue, if you still have it, then it could be something with the graphics device you are using, drivers or anything supporting the hardware.

Anyway, that was what worked for me, if you still can't get it going list what your computer specs are, maybe there is something in that.

Fel