Comments

hueseph wrote on 12/10/2012, 1:53 AM

Try navigating to the disc in Windows Explorer and see if there is a setup exe file. If there is no such file, it may be that you just need to copy the files to your disc. It also may be there there was an option to install the files when you did your initial setup. Try reinstalling and select "modify", this should bring up a menu of options that will allow you to install additional content, if that option exists.

bmclements wrote on 12/10/2012, 5:03 AM

I received this from Cahoo support when I had the same problem.  When you see £9.99 don't pamic, carry on to checkout and you have the opportunity of entering your G2.............  code.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your message.

In order to obtain the additional 1000 loops package, please start up Music Maker and trigger the Catooh browser from within the program via the "Catooh" button that can be found in the lower right-hand part of the Music Maker main screen next to the mediapool search function. This will take you straight to an ad for the 1000 loops package. Click this to go to the item details, from where you can put the package into your Catooh shopping basket and proceed to the checkout. If you don't have a Catooh account yet, you will be able to sign up for one here.

During the payment procedure, you will also be given the opportunity to redeem your coupon code (G2...) by putting it into the appropriate field, which will essentially make this a free purchase.

In the final step you will be able to download the package. If you pick the option in the Catooh window to apply the media after download, the soundpool styles will automatically be installed in Music Maker. Otherwise, you will need to add them manually in Music Maker via the "+ add" function in the soundpool manager.

I hope this helps.

--
Best regards,
Ralf Hentschel

Catooh Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl_D wrote on 1/14/2024, 12:00 PM

I bought Music Maker 2015 premium many years ago but have unfortunately not installed until now. I am trying to download +1000 sounds which is included, but it does not work according to the instructions. Can you at support please solve this for me? I have the program key of course.

emmrecs wrote on 1/15/2024, 3:26 AM

@Carl_D

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so we are not Support, sorry!

To contact Support start at the Support header in any forum page and follow carefully through each subsequent page, always choosing the option to Ask/Email Support.

However, MM Premium 2015 is now a very old product; there have been numerous changes to it and to Windows since it was released and it is possible you may not be able to install and/or successfully run the program.

As to the missing sounds, I suspect these may also be no longer available. Had you installed the product when you first bought it you would have created a Magix account and so been possibly able to download these sounds from your account page.

Just to add to the problem: Magix changed the format of its soundpools in about 2018 so their "modern" counterparts may be incompatible with your software.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 1/15/2024, 11:01 AM

@Carl_D

Hi,

I have the download of MM Premium 2015 and it came with the Sound package 1000 which is a zip file. Once the zip file is downloaded to your computer, open it with Winzip or Windows Explorer and extract the folders to wherever the Soundpool folder is on your hard drive.

This folder is created when MM is installed and should be under:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools

Here is how I placed mine:

I am assuming that you got MM2015 installed. Here is what I had to install:

In MM2015, you will have to go under Loops and Add Soundpools, navigate to the main Soundpools folder, and accept. The 3 Soundpools should then show up.

After that, you may want to install MM2024 which is free. Check the specs on the Magix.com web site to make sure that it will work with your system. It should not replace 2015; MM2024 does replace Music Maker programs from 2016, I believe. During installation, make sure that you give the same location for the Soundpools folder as per the 2015 installation. Again, it should be as I have shown under public. When you get MM2024 installed, make sure to log in using the same username/email address as your account with Magix and where you have registered MM2015. You may need to download some stuff under the Downloads tab.

Music Maker, for many versions now, is free. When you log in, the program checks with Magix for any Editions that have been installed and lists them, automatically giving you access to everything that you have purchased.

Note that there is no other version of the program, that is, there is no Premium Version of MM. Premium or Plus is an Edition, which just unlocks some features within the program and gives you whatever was with that Edition, like instruments, plugins, Soundpool credits. It is not the program.

In your case, since you have activated the instruments that come with 2015, they should show up in 2024. If you do this, please confirm whether or not they show up.

You may have to rescan the Soundpools folder, but usually that is done automatically assuming that it is in the same default location. All of your Soundpools should show up in MM2024.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Carl_D wrote on 1/16/2024, 2:24 AM

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately this file is missing in my version of the program, both on the downloadable file and the disc. According to the instructions that came with my version, the files should be downloaded via the "catooh" button in MM2015 Premium, which I have tried several times since installation.

Support has also just informed me that "this function has ceased to exist a long time ago. Catooh doesn't even exist any longer and a download from Catooh is nowadays technically impossible."

At least now I know how it is.

Carl D