How do I export a video to FLV in MEP15 Pro?

edisecure wrote on 9/15/2009, 11:10 AM
When I choose to use Record - Screen, I am given an output option to convert the final video to FLV, but once I actually capture and save the video, FLV is not an option in the Export list. I need to use Flash for some of the animation tricks not available in MEP15 Pro, but I will need a separate utility to convert the AVI or MPG to FLV unless your application can do it. If it cannot actually export to FLV, then why is it listed as an output option? Please help.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 9/16/2009, 8:31 AM
Hi there,

I'm afraid Movie Edit Pro doesn't have a direct FLV output option. I can't really find any references to FLV file format output in the context of the screen capture feature, either. Possibly a misunderstanding?

That said, there is a way to create FLV files in Movie Edit Pro by using the Flash video encoder of the Magix online services. It takes one or two steps more than a regular file export, but you'll get your FLV file. You'll need to use the "Magix Online Album" sub menu in the "Online" menu of the program to upload your movie to the album and then use another option in the same section to download the resulting FLV file from the server again (the file will first be mixed down to an intermediate format and then transcoded to FLV on the server).

I hope this helps.