Comments

Aussieonyak wrote on 2/26/2009, 10:33 PM

I would like to know the answer to this question too

I installed the Trial version first and when my original software arrived I installed it assuming it would use the same directories - it did not. After I uninstalled the Trial version and then deleted the soundpool folders and files it left behind I still have a duplicate of every instrument in my soundpool list even though it knows they are deleted when I click on them.

How do we reset or refresh the soundpools list?

egyshop wrote on 3/10/2009, 6:11 PM
I need the answer too!
reubeneggar wrote on 3/20/2009, 2:33 AM
Go To The Folder Where You Installed Magix Music Maker And Delete The Folder
Where The Style Is And Your Done
zillionairemark wrote on 2/22/2010, 2:59 PM
This is a major problem..I've tried deleting all my Magix stuff off of my PC at least twice,then when I go to reload the discs the soundpools show multiple copies of every single sound/instrument - most of which don't play.

To be honest it's seriously spoiling my enjoyment of this programme because I have to scroll down through dozens of exactly the same sounds to find what I want - i'm seriously thinking of looking at alternatives to Magix if the problem can't be solved.
jdmagix wrote on 3/19/2010, 8:52 AM
i have music maker 16. and had the same problem. With syles deleted from the demo and dup style lists. You just need go into the "settings" and use the clean up soundpool option.  press Y or "file" then "settings" then "program settings" (programme in my language) then into the "general" tab and the soundpool section. Once you have cleaned them or reset them, you might have to re install some styles. use the "add style" from the soundpool tab, then find them on you hard drive. In you Magix program (programme) file.
Former user wrote on 9/11/2010, 2:58 AM

"

I would like to know the answer to this question too

I installed the Trial version first and when my original software arrived I installed it assuming it would use the same directories - it did not. After I uninstalled the Trial version and then deleted the soundpool folders and files it left behind I still have a duplicate of every instrument in my soundpool list even though it knows they are deleted when I click on them.

How do we reset or refresh the soundpools list?"

Ok... So here is a 14 years old "kid answering".
So I got really pissed off by this problem and I searched through every data file on my computer and finally I came up with a solution.
First you need to go to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MAGIX\Common\Database" and when there open the SounPoolDB.dat with notepad... in there are all of your styles. Then set the directories as they are now on your computer and remove stuff that is written twice in there and then it should work. If you don't understand what I am saying or it doesn't work then contact ProtossEsa on youtube please.

GoddessGroup wrote on 2/16/2012, 1:06 PM

To ProtossEsa and ZillionaireMark I had the exact same thing.

To JDMagix thanks so much! That worked perfect. Now I can actually enjoy the program.

shazzy1230 wrote on 6/2/2012, 1:17 PM

To remove soundpools that are repested or do not work what you do is

1). Go to File > Settings > Program Settings a box will poup showing all the settings 

2). Go to General, select this from the top

3). Then at the bottom fo teh right corner click on Clean Soundpool, a box will popup which removes the un available soundpools from the Magix Music Maker window but not the system

4). If this doesn't clear you soundpools click on Reset soundpools.

5). Finally, click the tickboxes above that say "Hide unavailable loops" and "Hide instrument which remain empty in the style section"

This worked for my MMM 16, hope it works! xxx 

JayGee716 wrote on 1/30/2014, 7:38 PM
Go To The Folder Where You Installed Magix Music Maker And Delete The Folder
Where The Style Is And Your Done

No, that's not the case. At least not in Win7. There is no "Styles" directory in the MMM folder.