Comments

Neal-Williams wrote on 9/5/2023, 4:49 PM

I used to be able to burn a CD of a live show and it would have increments that I had placed markers. That feature seems to be gone and that is all I even need this program for.

SP. wrote on 9/5/2023, 5:25 PM

@Neal-Williams Do you have Sound Forge Pro or the limited Audio Studio version?

Neal-Williams wrote on 9/5/2023, 6:03 PM

Audio Studio 17 - I paid $49 for the program on disc.

Neal-Williams wrote on 9/5/2023, 6:24 PM

I can't believe that the program I had did the only thing I needed it to do and now I just spent almost $50 for another Soundforge version that doesn't do what I need? It says an upgrade is close to $200 more! For crying out loud. What a damned rip off. All I want is to drop an audio wave concert in the program, drop in chapter markers and burn a damned CD like I have done hundreds of times with my old program. FURIOUS.

SP. wrote on 9/5/2023, 6:25 PM

@Neal-Williams Please install the free trial version of Sound Forge Pro 17 from Magix.com and try again. I'm pretty sure, the problem is that the features are not available in Audio Studio.

SP. wrote on 9/5/2023, 6:34 PM

@Neal-Williams Some additional information. If you registered your old version of Sound Forge with Sony your account was transferred to Magix. Simply visit Magix.com and login with your Sony login credentials. You should find your old version of Sound Forge as your product. Simply download and install it. If it runs on your new computer you don't need to buy a new version.

Neal-Williams wrote on 9/5/2023, 10:49 PM

It's just been a waste of money for me. Live and learn. I'm not a professional and I have no need to spend that much money on something that I rarely do. I have had hundreds of live tapes I have converted to CD over the past many years, and there are only a few left to do. I'm 70 and this was simply a waste of money. Thank you everyone for your comments. And expensive paperweight! I even spent the extra for the backup CD!

rraud wrote on 9/6/2023, 1:40 PM

Sound Forge Audio Studio does not include the 'Markers-to-Regions' tool. You could insert regions manually using the current makers for reference though, double-clicking selects the waveform between two markers, then simply create a region using the "R" key (Insert> Region) and repeat. Not as fast and easy as the tool, but a viable work around.

You could also install your old Sony version if you still have the activation code. all the info was ported over to Magix after the acquisition was finalized. I have had SF-9 installed and activated on a Win10 PC and did not experience any difficulties/

If you purchased SFAS-17 within the last 30 days, you can 'request' a refund or request the refund be applied to an upgrade to SF Pro 17. Magix sales staff is usually very accommodating to such requests.

In any case @Neal-Williams, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community.

Neal-Williams wrote on 9/6/2023, 4:43 PM

My mistake for not researching, so I'll keep it. I just found that I had made the same purchase a couple of years ago! Don't get old. You forget things, dislike change and get cranky! Thanks for your help.

rraud wrote on 9/7/2023, 9:49 AM

You forget things, dislike change and get cranky

I hear ya... with or without my hearing aid.