Comments

Procyon wrote on 8/3/2012, 5:54 PM

First of all, it helps to have some idea how long your composition is going to be.  Then, you should set the range of the MIDI Editor "piano roll" to encompass the entire composition.  How do you do that, you say?...

With the Vita MIDI Editor closed, zoom out the arranger so that more than the required period of time/bars is visible using the minus (-) zoom button.

Open the Vita MIDI Editor.  Now, click on the minus sign (-) zoom button in the MIDI Editor to expand the piano roll as far as necessary to encompass your entire composition (if that is your goal).  You will see the MIDI object expand in the arranger each time you hit the minus zoom button in Vita.

If it turns out you ran out of room, don't worry, you can always add more.  Like before, zoom out the arranger some more first and then in Vita zoom out the piano roll more.

filerofish wrote on 9/18/2012, 5:24 PM

This is probably the best answer so far: http://www.magix.info/us/how-can-i-record-midi-as-long-as-i.knowledge.794830.html

However, keep in mind that you will need to have the midi editor open at all times while recording the live midi object. Here's what I have done:

1. Go through the steps described by Proycon in the above link.

2. Right click with your mouse on the arrangement window and choose install a "midi object." I chose "empty" object for mine. Double click on the object to open the midi editor and then zoom the piano roll view out to the desired length.

3. Keep the editor open while you record your midi file. Don't be surprised if it ceases to visibly register notes on the piano roll. It will continue to record for as long as you need it to or you run out of space.

Hope this helps.