How can I place effects from ehhect libary?

seweryn wrote on 2/20/2014, 7:27 AM

Hi I need yours help,

I’ve got a film on the timeline as on the screen nr 1. Because impossible to set the effect on timeline by key frames I have to cut the material in the place where I want to place the effect. Next I put the chosen effect on the timeline. Result of this operation you can see on the screen nr 2.The film is shorten to the time of the effect. What is more in the final phase of the effect the screen is doing gradually dark. Curved lines working but don’t eliminate this situation.
Proper result of placing the effect on the timeline is shown on  the screen nr 3. Unfortunately I’ve no idea way this working, because I’ve managed do this only once in 30 attempts (the method was always the same).
Questions:
1. How can I place effects from this group to get the effect placed on the timeline as on the screen nr 3?
2. How can I delete that effect from the timeline, because I can only delete the effect together with the film?
3. Is this possible to join two parts of the film, if yes can I get a clue?

Screens:

Screen nr 1

Screen nr 2

Screen nr 3

I work on Video deluxe 2014 Plus.

Regards:)

Comments

terrypin wrote on 2/20/2014, 9:19 AM

Questions:
1. How can I place effects from this group to get the effect placed on the timeline as on the screen nr 3?

I'm not sure why it doesn't work reliably for you. I just drag the effect onto the clip.

2. How can I delete that effect from the timeline, because I can only delete the effect together with the film?

Or for better quality: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4019461/MEP-RemovetVideoEffect.jpg

3. Is this possible to join two parts of the film, if yes can I get a clue?

The clips do not need 'joining'. All of the video is still intact within any of its parts. Just drag the right edge of the left part until it meets the left edge of the right part. (or the reverse equivalent.)

All these are covered in Help and the PDF manual. Did you look?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Last changed by terrypin on 2/20/2014, 9:20 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)