How can I get sound out of Music Studio Deluxe 2004

Steviek wrote on 10/2/2011, 4:21 PM

I bought Music Studio Deluxe 2004 some years ago but was never able to get it to work properly.  I could hear the tutorial samples and could hear the 1st track I recorded but when I tried to record a 2nd track, could never hear the 1st one. 

I just bought a multi channel sound card thinking that was the problem.  Now I can see the waveforms of the input but get no sound at all.  Can someone help me with this?

Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DS 24-bit 7.1 channel PCI sound card

Computer: Dell 8250 with XP home addition, Service Pack 3.  Pentium 4 (@2.4GHz) 1 GB ram.

If this is not the place to get help, if anyone could suggest another web site I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your help

Steve

Comments

Procyon wrote on 10/5/2011, 8:00 PM

Have you set your new sound card as the "Input Device" in Windows yet?  Your computer may still be looking for the old one. Also, check the audio settings in MSD-2004.  Make sure your tracks are not set to "mute".  (Just trying the obvious first.)

This would be the place, but that doesn't mean there's anyone here using Music Studio Deluxe 2004.

Steviek wrote on 10/6/2011, 8:42 AM

Thanks Procyon!  I'll see if I can find that setting somewhere.  I did make the new card my default device and thought that would take care of things.  I didn't know there was an input device setting.  I'm not that computer savvy.  I liked your profile by the way.  Reminds me somewhat of myself.  I'm the Soliarie (the mediocre composer in Amadaus) of rock.  Just good enough to be frustrated that everyone is better than me :-)

Steve