Hissing, fuzz, popping, time slippage on the 1 in acid 11. Solutions?

Luo_Ji wrote on 12/31/2022, 10:19 PM

Recently got a new install of ACID PRO 11, which I am running on a 64-bit windows computer with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz, 64GB RAM, and running Windows 10 pro v 21H2, and build 19044.2364

After installing a few of the provided libraries, (Independence, VITA, etc) provided by Magix, I am getting what sounds like skipping when looping, as well as hiss and pop on the overall sound, and, a couple of plug ins are sounding scratchy as well.
Went to "audio device", in acid and played with the sample rate, but it made no change.
As for Audio device, when I go to "preferences" for ACID and then to "(Audio Device) and I have 5 options:
Fl Studio ASIO
ASIO4ALL v2
Windows classic wave driver
Microsoft Sound Mapper
Direct sound surround Mapper (Never used)

Because of the general nature of these problems I suspect it is the audio device being used, but I can't figure it out.

Any help greatly appreciated.
RC

Comments

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 1/1/2023, 4:18 AM

Recently got a new install of ACID PRO 11, which I am running on a 64-bit windows computer with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz, 64GB RAM, and running Windows 10 pro v 21H2, and build 19044.2364

After installing a few of the provided libraries, (Independence, VITA, etc) provided by Magix, I am RC

I just revisited to read some update on Acid 11 and to my surprise, I can't believe people are still buying this cluncker. Sorry, I hope you can get a refund. I highly doubt anyone here can help you as many have moved on.

Luo_Ji wrote on 1/1/2023, 4:25 AM

I solved it. I just had to change the sample rate and the buffers, and now everything's great! Sorry you're still having trouble with it, I know it can be a tweaky program sometimes depending on what kind of system you're working with. What daw did you move to by the way?

RC

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 1/1/2023, 4:41 AM

I solved it. I just had to change the sample rate and the buffers, and now everything's great! Sorry you're still having trouble with it, I know it can be a tweaky program sometimes depending on what kind of system you're working with. What daw did you move to by the way?

RC

Studio one and just upgraded to version 6. I have a long history with Acid Pro but have not been able to make a single tune with Acid starting version 8. I actually lost a whole project relying on version 10 and that was when I gave up. I still come here from time to time to read up on frustration. Thanks for not minding me.

Luo_Ji wrote on 1/2/2023, 2:58 AM

Just for the record, what happens? Been using acid for a while, (just getting back to it for the first time in years) and never had a problem, but of course I never record audio and just use it's midi and plugin capabilities to write and arrange. Maybe I can help you if you let me know what's hasppening with your acid setup.