High pass filter in Acid Studio or Pro

Daniel-Seville wrote on 5/27/2021, 7:22 AM

Hi all

I have been using Acid to create DJ mixes for years (before the times of beatmapper which was fun). While playing with some proper decks again, I have started using the high pass filter in my mixes which I have taken a shine to. I can't seem to find a simple high pass filter in Acid though and can't beleive that there isn't something out there for it.

I currently use Studio 10 but did the trial for Pro 10.5 to see if there was a plug in for it but can't find one.

Please tell me there is a high pass filter and also how to do it is there is? I used the Vocal stripper but it doesn't do the job.

You could just say use Decks all the time but I'm not overly good and you can do some creative mixing on Acid that you can't really do on decks.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 5/27/2021, 11:46 AM

Hi @Daniel-Seville

yay! more DJs using Acid! This is pretty much all I use Acid for, so I should be able to help here. I actually figured it'd be better answered in a video.

Daniel-Seville wrote on 5/27/2021, 1:11 PM

Hi @Daniel-Seville

yay! more DJs using Acid! This is pretty much all I use Acid for, so I should be able to help here. I actually figured it'd be better answered in a video.

Thanks for the video. I really appreciate that you took the time out to make it and share. I d/l the DJM filter plugin and can get it on Pro 10 but I can't get it to work. Same with the other options, I get the plug in, and I can hear there is something happening but it also sounds like there are 2 layers of the track running so while I can hear the effect of the high pass filter, the full range of the track is still there. I'm calling it a night for tonight as I was supposed to by sorting my emails out but this has got me wound up now so going to find something on Netflix instead and order a take out.