Help - trying to record changes to an internal instrument

NC1971 wrote on 3/17/2021, 2:38 PM

Hi,

I'm using Samplitude and was wondering... can I record an instrument (an internal bass instrument in Samplitude) and whilst playing in the part, change an effect on the instrument (arpeggiator) ?? I'd like to keep the changes, so record the changes to the track - kept for playback. Is this possible?

I can change the effect sounds whilst playing along to the track (just listening) but when I record, the effect changes are not recorded

Thanks in advance🙂.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/17/2021, 5:45 PM

@NC1971 I'm not sure what you want to do, but you can record changes you make with the mouse. For example, if you click on an VST interface slider while holding CTRL+ALT and moving the mouse cursor the changes are recorded to an automation lane..

Could you make some screenshots to show the arpeggiator you are talking about?

NC1971 wrote on 3/18/2021, 6:22 AM

Thanks for the comments.

So, I'm in Samplitude and I've assigned 'Bassic Instinct - Vita Analog synths' to a track - see pic.

In playback - I'm able to hold a keyboard note and the Arpegiattor sound runs fine, then whilst 'live' playing along I can change the HP and LP on the Vel.Filter and turn the filter on&off to create some strange 'live' sounding stuff. What I'm trying to do is record these changes I make to the HP and LP. Does that make sense?

When I record, the note is recorded and when playing back the arpeggiator is coming through but the changes I make to the HP and LP effect are not saved. I'm wondering if this is possible at all or should I play it and record on another device then record back in to Samplitude??

Thanks

SP. wrote on 3/18/2021, 6:58 AM

@NC1971 It should work fine if you hold down CTRL+ALT while making the changes to HP and LP. The question is, if you can play a note, change the knobs and hold CTRL+ALT at the same time just with your hands. 😉

Has your keyboard MIDI controllers? You can assign the HP and LP controls to them with the MIDI learn function. This would be easier to handle. You can assign the on-off switch to a note, too. Just make a right click on the controls and select the note or controller value.