Help not working with 32 Bit , Wont open MP4, No support.

cdxp wrote on 4/9/2020, 1:57 AM

1: Based on an earlier post I tried installing 32 Bit Sound Forge 14 to get help working. Both 32 and 64 bit versions are installed but help still doesn't work.

2: Also SF14 will not load MP4 files - gives a quicktime error. I see others have had this problem before but I cant find a solution for it.

3: I tried to log both of the above problems with Magix support and it says I don't have a qualifying product for support even though my account shows two valid purchases and valid installs of SF 14. I purchased online through the Magix shop.

Is there any way to contact Magix support about this? It says I have to buy a voucher !

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/9/2020, 5:10 AM

@cdxp

Hi

. . . . gives a quicktime error. I see others have had this problem before but I cant find a solution for it. . . . .

Do you have Quicktime installed? If not try installing it.

. . . . any way to contact Magix support about this . . .

Try this portal - and send your query to Sales

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

cdxp wrote on 4/9/2020, 6:05 AM

1: Solved F1 Help - Edit: It works if I start the 32 bit version. 64 bit version wont display help

2: On the quicktime thing I could try that but I didn't have quicktime installed in version 11 and this seems to suggest it isn't a quicktime problem. As Apple don't support quicktime anymore I don't really want to use it if ican avoid it . It looks like something that was broken before .

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/386131-Can-Sound-Forge-not-open-MPG-VOB-files

3: Thanks for the contact.

rraud wrote on 4/9/2020, 12:20 PM

Quicktime Lite or Quicktime Alternative are options. If you install a later version of Vegas Pro, I think the QT codec from that works in SF.

On my PC, the help menu appeared in Pro 14 (64) after the 32 bit version was installed. This issue allegedly will be fixed in the next update.'

The voucher is for phone support. As John EB stated, contact the Magix Customer Service Sales Team for serial number and authorization issues.

cdxp wrote on 4/9/2020, 9:01 PM

I was confused initially (not hard) but just for the avoidance of doubt.

1: On my PC I did an initial install of 64 bit SF selecting all the extras except the Magix tracking app.

Help did not work.

I did not do a full reinstall. I added the 32 Bit SF

Help works in the 32 Bit version - Help does not work in the 64 Bit version

It is possible if I did a full reinstall of both versions it might work in both versions.

2: If I seem ungrateful on the quicktime stuff its just I think the codecs are there - they worked in an earlier version - Soundforge 14 isnt looking in the right place.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB

"QuickTime 7 for Windows is no longer supported by Apple. New versions of Windows since 2009 have included support for the key media formats, such as H.264 and AAC, that QuickTime 7 enabled. All current Windows web browsers support video without the need for browser plug-ins."

However I have done a clean Windows install this year after an SSD migration failed so it is possile that some previous software like the trial version of Vegas had left some video codecs behind.

3: On the support stuff they have indeed responded by email. It does seem odd I cant log problems through the proper support system but if it works i'm ok.

rraud wrote on 4/10/2020, 10:40 AM

I installed SF-14 (32) after installing SF-14 (64) as well.

michael-wildermuth wrote on 4/30/2020, 9:08 AM

I just installed Sound Forge Pro 14. Help (F1) and Help>Contents and Index do not work. Any ideas on how to correct this? Help>Interactive Tutorials does work.

emmrecs wrote on 4/30/2020, 9:48 AM

@michael-wildermuth

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Have you read ALL the earlier posts to this thread? At least one solution is presented there.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 4/30/2020, 9:50 AM

Install the 32 bit version, I does not count as a second activation since it is on the same PC. Many of the user customizations and other settings are shared as well.

michael-wildermuth wrote on 4/30/2020, 10:49 AM

Yes, I did read the earlier posts. I did not consider that installing the 32-bit version was a solution to the problem in the 64-bit version. As I read the posts, the statement, "Help works in the 32 Bit version - Help does not work in the 64 Bit version" stuck out to me. I took it to mean that I would have to run both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the software at the same time; the 32-bit version to access Help and the 64-bit version to edit. That does not sound like a solution to me; it sounds like a work-around. From the comments to my posting I feel as though I may have misunderstood. Please correct my understanding if you would and thanks for your assistance.

emmrecs wrote on 4/30/2020, 1:29 PM

@michael-wildermuth

That "workaround" is the only "solution" at the moment.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

michael-wildermuth wrote on 4/30/2020, 1:45 PM

Thank you. I hope the moment will pass soon. As I said, this is not really a solution.

Anthony-Laundrie wrote on 12/6/2020, 11:44 AM

To get help working, I also tried to install 32-bit after having installed 64-bit. That did not work for me, but after I uninstalled both then re-installed both, then it started working. EXCEPT the feature I want to use most right now, Noise Reduction, gives me a screen that says this when I click on it: "Can't reach this page, Make sure the web address http://proonly is correct, Search for this site on Bing, Refresh the page." I just bought Sound Forge Pro 14. Frustrated that something as basic as Help pages don't work. I just discovered this article under Ask Support, others must have seen the issue: https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/noise-reduction--189/

Patraso wrote on 12/7/2020, 8:46 PM

Having similar / same problem.

1. Unable open / play some MP4 files in SF 14 or Vegas 18. Problem MP4 files come from same group of files created by same user that do open and play.
  2. Unable to Drag and drop of file from folder to SF or Vegas, displaying the circle with diagonal slash icon, as in unable to do, or do not.
  3. Microsoft Media Player 12.0.18362.1171 WILL open / play the MP4 without error or any issue.
  4. Windows 10 Movies & TV app, initially opens MP4 file with Missing Codec error (attached) 0xc00d5212. After closing error, file does play without other issues.
  5. Cyberlink Power Media Player (for Dell) 14.1.8809.0 will not play, throwing attached error, "CPMP . . . does not support the playback of this media format"
  6. See attached error messages. Wondering if it is some sort of unsupported codec problem, as this also occurs in.

Any leads on resolving would be appreciated.

Environment: Vegas 18.0 (Build 373), Sound Forge Pro 14.0 (Build 130) 64 Bit, Windows 10 Home, Ver 1909, Build 18363.1198, System: Intel Core i9-10900 @2.8 GH, 32 GB RAM

Patraso wrote on 12/7/2020, 9:39 PM

As a workaround for the issue I described today at 1846 hrs, I downloaded VLC Player, which will play my problem MP4 files, and also convert them to MP3.

SP. wrote on 12/8/2020, 3:36 AM

@Patraso Since MP4 is just a container there are many different codecs out there that can be inside the container. You can scan your file with MediaInfo https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo and check what is inside.