Comments

rraud wrote on 2/2/2022, 10:46 AM

@samuel-mattos, assuming you tried exiting SF and rebooting the PC already, try resetting Sound Forge back to the just installed settings. This has been known to fix lots of issues.
Go to the File menu and select "Reset all preferences and clear cached data"
.. an alternate, or if SF will not open hold down the 'Ctrl+Shift' keys, whilst launching SF, which will open the same reset dialog.

samuel-mattos wrote on 2/2/2022, 12:33 PM

The defect continues.
I clicked. File/Reset All preferences and cached data...
Save as - MP3/128kbps/Mono
The screen froze. Sound Forge 16 does not respond.
What should I do?

john_barr wrote on 2/2/2022, 2:01 PM

The defect continues.
I clicked. File/Reset All preferences and cached data...
Save as - MP3/128kbps/Mono
The screen froze. Sound Forge 16 does not respond.
What should I do?

Use Sound Forge 6.0 by Sonic Foundry. Potentially libellous comment removed by Moderator

rraud wrote on 2/2/2022, 4:18 PM

- Do all MP3 render presets crash SF as well?
- Other folder destinations?
- A different format files on the timeline .. PCM for instance
- Try a different audio device type in "Options> Preferences> Audio", The 2016 low latency driver has been known to cause noise issues but crashing is not a typical behavior of it, it is quick and easy and worth a try though.

Prior to requesting a Magix tech support ticket, try reinstalling. I recommend uninstalling first using a third-party uninstaller that can remove left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the default uninstall leaves behind, which in usually the root of recurring issues
Revo Uninstall has a pro and freeware version. The free version is adequate in most cases.
Use Revo's advanced scan mode and beware of deleting shared data if there is other versions of Magix software installed. I have been using Revo for many years and it is often recommended by Magix and many other software developers.

john_barr wrote on 2/3/2022, 2:37 PM

Sound Forge underwent some changes after it was acquired by Sony and later by Magix. Not everyone liked the changes. In the days of Sonic Foundry, Sound Forge was lighter and didn't have some of the issues it has today. I hope that Magix can solve the problems, that Sound Forge remains one of the best audio editing programs. I use Waves plugins v11. In Sound Forge Pro 15, the Waves plugins constantly crash. Will this post be deleted?

craig-d wrote on 2/4/2022, 1:58 AM

hi @samuel-mattos! this is indeed a bug...it does save mp3 files as 128kbps in stereo, but there is an issue with 128 mono mp3s. they're working on a fix for that now...it worked properly in version 15, so it's an issue in version 16 which they will update soon.

samuel-mattos wrote on 2/4/2022, 7:22 AM

Will I be notified when the fix happens?  It's gonna take a while?  I have urgency.

SP. wrote on 2/4/2022, 7:29 AM

@samuel-mattos I think you can just export your audio file as WAV and use a free software like XMedia Recode to convert it to MP3.

samuel-mattos wrote on 2/4/2022, 8:15 AM

I want to do everything in a single software, as I've always done in Sound Forge, 4.5, 6 and 9. I produce about 40 podcasts in the format of our web-platform MP3/128kbps/Mono and this production has to be fast.

rraud wrote on 2/4/2022, 12:24 PM

Reinstall an earlier version of Sound Forge until AS-16 is fixed. Multiple versions of Sound Forge can co-exist on the same PC without issues. I currently have SFP-10 through 15 and AS 15 -16 on my Win 10 PC. Ozone Elements is available in all, if that makes any difference.
I have never experienced any MP3 issues in AS or Pro, though I sometimes use WinLAME RC3 to encode MP3s, due to its advanced parameter options and always render a PCM master in any case.