HELP!! DON'T KNOW WHICH IS THE RIGHT PROJECT FILE!!...

DyReck411 wrote on 1/4/2024, 6:03 PM

Im not gonna lie this is my fault and I should take project management way more serious.. But I had a bad habit of saving my rendered mp3 or wav.files as a different name other than the Acid project working file name..Sometimes at the last minute someone would ask me whats the name of the beat and I would give them a name right then and there and it would not be the same name as the project file.. But months later when I try to go back to that project file for something like if I had to change the drums on it.. I would not be able to remember the name of the project..Well this has been going on for a minute and I know I have to change.. But is there any quicker way to locate an Acid project file from just the rendered mp3 or wav. ..Or do I have to just keep checking different projects till I find the right one?

Comments

Air wrote on 1/5/2024, 9:20 AM

naughty boy ! 🙂 seriously, there is no way to do what you're needing to do. Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Best of Luck, Cheers

johnebaker wrote on 1/5/2024, 1:08 PM

@DyReck411

Hi

A bit of a long shot - note the Date created/modified on the finished audio file and then see if any projects have a similar date - don't rely on the hours/minutes times as you may have had the project open for hours after creating an audio file.

For future projects, IIRC - I have not used Acid for a very long while, you can add information in Acid that is placed in the audio file header as shown in the example below

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

DyReck411 wrote on 1/5/2024, 10:47 PM

@johnebaker...Thanks im having a little success matching the dates..Sometimes its on point but sometimes the project is no where to be found..Probably because I have different version of Acid Pro..What I have been doing is putting up two instances of Acid..Having one of them where im going down the list of different Projects and the other where im actually opening that project file and going through the whole "acid pro is searching for the missing files routine"..Its not a fast process but its kind of efficient going one by one through the different projects..Thanks for the IIRC tip!..Wish I was doing that sooner lol.