Good-Bye Cruel World I'm Leaving You Today

3DSownz wrote on 12/19/2023, 2:56 PM

title quoted from Pink Floyd.
It took me 2 decades to finally call it quits the programs Magix Music Maker. Although i really didn't get fully involved into the program till about 2-3 years. Still doesn't matter that is still a long and painstaking time to deal with constant crashes after crash for no reasoning. I've upgraded my pc in the last 7mths and should perform even better with no flaws.
Burn on me...
crash...
crash...
after crash....
either i have it auto save every 1 minute and deal with the delays from that. or i lose everything that was previous edited. so many times.
crash...
Magix might have been around a very long time and carrying a trophy 🏆 for being the most widely used DAW software out there.
crash...
then why the issues. the more complic
crash...
oops where was I
the more complicated the program gets the more
crash.
i've used Open Source DAW as test and not a flaw. just not as user friendly graphical.
Crash...
my point is..
This is goodbye, i won't be missed. i'm not even a drop in the ocean they control.
and i'm sure my tiny drop won't be accommodated for to keep me coming back. even now that
crash..
i've actually stumbled upon a DAW that you buy once and updates are for life.
Buy the new update. buy this new update every year it's been.

3D Sownz

Comments

BeyondLife wrote on 12/19/2023, 3:57 PM

Bro, I have been with MAGIX since it was Magix.net and since it was a video game on PlayStation 1. I don't know where you are in the world but, something that you are doing isn't right. 1) I have a PC that I purchased in 2010. I have all sorts of music software on it and Magix operates pretty good on it. Sometimes it crashes but, the software saves right where is crashes and gives you an option to either used what you saved or the original version. MAGIX, I admit isn't the Greatest but, for the price and for what it can do compared to other DAWs, it's awesome. I can Testify that everytime since I purchased the Premium back in 2012, All of my licenses for upgraded versions of MM has been free. Everytime that the upgrade didn't unlock something that I had purchased prior. I email them and one of their Technicians or Sales man would send me the coupons where I can download the product without paying again. Customer Services has never been a problem with me and MAGIX. (Knock on Wood). Either your PC is messed up or missing a upgrade or Patch or you just don't know what you are doing. I would suggest reaching out to the team and making a repoire with them. They have been very friendly and have been Great at helping me. I have 2 plugs there at Magix, I won't say their names but, they have never failed me. When something was wrong with my PC and the software, I took a Print Screen and made a video of the issue and they had my PC fixed in a short period of time. I hear your pain and I bid you a Good Farewell but, I can't just let you shi7 on Magix they have been Great. Now that I have spoke to you and gave you some advice, I have some words for some of you YOUTUBE producers too...

Peace

3DSownz wrote on 12/19/2023, 5:05 PM

well put for personally experience.
Don't get me wrong. what got me really into it was the graphical interface. very friendly that makes it easier to navigate around, each dock has a unique look from the other.
i'm a small time self employed tech. computers i can handle not internal programming codes for errors and to fix...
5 today alone
4 errors about the updater
1 magix stopped working

So you're basically telling me that it is possible that this app will run basically flawlessly. ?

and i'm located near...
'Go Bills'

SP. wrote on 12/19/2023, 5:16 PM

@3DSownz Have you tried to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu?

Do you use an external USB audio interface with its own ASIO driver? Or is your ASIO sample buffer size too small?

Are your hardware drivers up-to-date? Are all pending Windows updates installed?

Do you restart your computer regularly via the Restart option and not the Shut down option?

As a last resort, reinstalling Windows can do wonders. I sometimes had problems caused by Windows updates, especially large version updates.

3DSownz wrote on 12/19/2023, 5:21 PM

Reset Yes. still crashed
No external.
ASIO buffer size too small?
drivers all up.
no pending updates
always with a cold boot
Last resort is right about that. Reinstalling win is the worst option possible.

How can I help the info you may need...?

SP. wrote on 12/19/2023, 5:50 PM

@3DSownz Go to File > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI. Make sure you have selected an ASIO driver, for example Music Maker ASIO or FL Studio ASIO. Click on the Advanced button to open the driver settings. Select your audio input and audio output and set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples. If your computer struggles to handle this, increase the buffer size to 1024 or even 2048. This might help with stability.

3DSownz wrote on 12/19/2023, 7:04 PM

I've clicked on items before trying different settings for self learning. but for some reason i've always overlooked the advanced click. it didn't do nothing for my default driver so thought why bother really.
so now i can record live without having to switch drivers back and forth it looks like...
oops.. and
now i'll give some work time.
BRB, hopefull not

3DSownz wrote on 12/20/2023, 2:43 AM

used the program as always. (meaning i push it's limits sometimes for all at once process)
but got crash

Source
MAGIX Music Maker

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎12/‎20/‎2023 3:39 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\MAGIX\MUSIC MAKER\32\MusicMaker.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    MusicMaker.exe
Application Version:    32.1.0.13
Application Timestamp:    656892e3
Fault Module Name:    StackHash_e779
Fault Module Version:    10.0.19041.3636
Fault Module Timestamp:    9b64aa6f
Exception Code:    c0000374
Exception Offset:    PCH_B5_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009DB34
OS Version:    10.0.19045.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    e779
Additional Information 2:    e779184ed627d7708caeb537ef31344e
Additional Information 3:    ab2d
Additional Information 4:    ab2dfb673af0134814760d874d56cede

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    693d136459e4532f5ecabd02ac665a46 (2218793585613363782)

3DSownz wrote on 12/20/2023, 2:45 AM

it happened after using Vocoder and went to turn down the volume on the object to stop the red

then boom

SP. wrote on 12/20/2023, 3:10 AM

@3DSownz If you can reproduce this crash again, then create a technical support ticket so that support knows the problem and can develop a patch.

Click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on Contact Support and create your ticket.

3DSownz wrote on 12/20/2023, 3:15 AM

👌