Go to next edit, previous edit and clear marks

ivanhurba wrote on 5/14/2014, 11:30 AM

I'm trying Video Pro X as an alternative to CC but I found two little stones in the road.

Most of the time I have to edit from continuous clips and mark diferent parts of a clip. Is there a shortcut to clear in and Out marks?

And the other shortcut i'm missing is go to next edit point in the timeline or go to previous point.

I'm so far loving the program and i'm sure I can get faster with it in a short time. 

Thanks for the help!

Comments

ivanhurba wrote on 5/14/2014, 12:30 PM

Ok, I'm answering myself; I've found Alt Q and W to move to edit points but I'm missing the clear range or clear In Out points. Does anybody happen to know it?

Many thanks!

browj2 wrote on 5/14/2014, 4:58 PM

Hi,

I'm not quite sure exactly what you are trying to do. Maybe this thread on the MEP forum will help.

Alt Q and W take you to the ends of the object. If you have a long clip, you can split it with the razor blade or T. Take a look at objects in the manual.

See ranges in the manual. As far as I can say, you can only have one range at a time. Assuming that you are in the Source monitor and not the Preview monitor, there is no need to clear the range, just click on new locations. If you are in the Preview monitor you can clear the range by right-clicking below the blue range line and selecting "reset selected range."

HTH

Last changed by browj2 on 5/14/2014, 4:58 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos