Given Soundpools commercial or non commercial use

Riley-Coach wrote on 1/9/2024, 1:16 AM

I haven't been able to find the answer to this question, so I'm hoping someone can help. I know if you buy a Soundpool, you can buy the commercial license for it, but what about the Soundpools that come with MAGIX Music Maker 2024 Free? (80's - Nostalgia Drive, Drum & Bass - Infinity - Part 2, EDM - Slap House, HipHop - Dirty HipHop - Part 2, Reggaeton - Damn Candela - Part2, Score - Modern Score) Are they commercial licensed or non-commercial? I assume since I have Music Maker Free (I only got it January 8th, I'm still learning) that they're non-commercial? But I'm not sure which is why I wanted to ask someone, to make sure. I also wanted to ask: what are the limits? I read that you can post music you make on Youtube, as long as it's not monetized, but can you publish music you make (including with Soundpools) on music platforms, such as: Spotify, SoundCloud, Apple Music, and other music streaming platforms? Could I send a song to my distributer and have it published? What are the limits? I apologize if these are silly questions, I haven't had to deal with commercial licenses before so this is very new to me, and I of course, don't want to get into any legal trouble for not knowing what I should.

I appreciate any answers, thank you.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/9/2024, 4:23 AM

@Riley-Coach

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

All the Soundpools you downloaded as part of your MM 2024 installation are strictly for non-commercial use only so cannot be used on any of the web sites you mention, sorry.

Have a look at this page where you find the precise terms and conditions related to each licence type.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 1/9/2024, 5:06 AM

@Riley-Coach Additionally, be aware that you can get copyright claims on YouTube if you use loops. Also, some song distributors don't accept music made with loops.

Riley-Coach wrote on 1/9/2024, 11:50 AM

@emmrecs @SP. 

Thank you for your answers, I appreciate the quick replies. I want to also know, if they're non-commercial, as I suspected (thank you again for the confirmation) then how/where can I get the license for them? Since they were given to me for free, I didn't have the option to buy the license, like you do when you buy one from music store in-app. Can I buy the license for any of the Soundpools that were given?

SP. wrote on 1/9/2024, 5:26 PM

@Riley-Coach Simply search for their names on Producerplanet.com. You can use the same login you used for Music Maker.

Ikonik wrote on 1/22/2024, 6:34 PM

@Riley-Coach Additionally, be aware that you can get copyright claims on YouTube if you use loops. Also, some song distributors don't accept music made with loops.

So if i upload beats to youtube (I pay for youtube) using loops that i have paid for (Commercial - Royalty Free) i can still get copyright claims? Plus who/what song distributors dont accept music made with loops?

SP. wrote on 1/22/2024, 7:27 PM

@Ikonik Yes, some people have uploaded their Music Maker songs into YouTube's Content ID system, even if YouTube doesn't allow this for sample based music.

Now videos from users like you can get flagged automatically by the Content ID system. There is not much you can do about this except going to YouTube's dispute system which is a lengthy process and may not have the desired result. In that case, you can only get a lawyer.

Also check out this topic: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/download-royalty-free-license--1332785/