Get the 3D to fuction properly in Pro

3DMovie wrote on 2/10/2012, 3:08 PM

I follow the instruictions to the letter, over and over and over. I import the left onto the timesline, then the right onto the same timeline, select them both, first the left, then the shift key and select the right so both are selected at the same time. I go to effects, choose 3D and click the box that says merg or mix or whatever it is, at which point the right is supposed to happily pop down beneath the left on the next timeline and allow me to edit in 3d. It doesn''t. Nothing happens The computer has the requisit nvidia 3-D card - top-of-the-line, the ram, 1 TB, running on an i7 processor and cuts through conventional editing like a hot knife through butter. The files are in h264, as they are in the smaller version of the program. So what's the problem with this program, or what am I doing incorrectly?  

per the bullet points this site says to consider:

1. you have the problem

2. it always occurs

3. A dell alienware top-of-the-line 3-D comp

4. Windows 7

5. MAGIX video PRO X download version (CA)

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/12/2012, 9:49 AM

Hi.  I know there are a number of users who do 3D work with MEP/VPX.  Unfortunately I'm not one of them!

However, as I read the description of what you are doing one thing strikes me about your work flow; you seem to be placing the "left" and "right" files consecutively on the timeline.  This seems counter-intuitive to me; I would expect to place the two files on separate tracks but starting at exactly the same place on the timeline.  I've actually just looked at the Help files in VPX3 and this certainly seems to be the case.  I can't find any reference to placing them consecutively.

One other thought: which "type" of 3D are you working with?  Anaglyph, Side by Side or Working in Rows?  Again, according to the Help files, each requires "different technology" to make it work; some of this is, apparently, down to the computer, some to the type of glasses the viewer needs to wear.

As I said I don't make 3D videos but, hopefully, the above MAY help you in your work!

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 2/12/2012, 9:49 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam