Genre Template does not appear in the Song Maker tab

Noizeman wrote on 5/16/2021, 3:47 AM

I bought Music Maker Premium Edition the other day to try out Song Maker.

I have completed the activation, but the Genre Template does not appear in the Song Maker tab, so I cannot use this feature!

Also, every time I start Music Maker, it starts downloading and installing Song Maker.

I've tried running as administrator, reinstalling, etc. but no luck. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/16/2021, 5:11 AM

@Noizeman

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

When you installed and activated MM Premium (which version by the way?) did you also download and install all the additional content that is available for the Premium variant?

You say every time I start Music Maker, it starts downloading and installing Song Maker. Did you allow the download and install to complete? Is Song Maker then available? (Interestingly, I've just looked at my installation of MM Premium, version 29.0.6.38 and see Song Maker listed on the Downloads tab as "Installation complete". I can't remember seeing that before! Perhaps it has been updated?)

If you continue to experience the problem of Song Maker needing to download every time, try the following: under File>Settings>Program (shortcut P), go to the General Options tab and click on "Clean up store". If this makes no difference, try logging out of the store, close and reopen MM and then log in to the store again. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem for you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 5/16/2021, 6:57 AM

@Noizeman Try the following. Go into the folder C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Music Maker\29\SongTemplates. If this folder is empty there should be a subfolder inside with the name SongMakerTemplates. Open this folder and copy every file into C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Music Maker\29\SongTemplates. Then restart Music Maker. It looks like the files are installed in the wrong folder in the current version.

Noizeman wrote on 5/16/2021, 9:29 AM

@SP. @emmrecs
If I just moved the SongMakerTemplates xml or updated the store, the problem was not solved.
However, by doing these two things at the same time, it worked fine! Thank you for your help!