fx issues Acid pro 10.0.5(build 38) Windows 10

pozz wrote on 5/9/2022, 8:43 AM

I have been working on an audio project using fx and VST plugins on individual tracks. Today when I press on the fx button to open the fx/VST window nothing happens. The same happens if I try to access fx on a new project ie nothing. The plugins are still visible in the plugin manager folder but the vst instruments of fx effects windows will not appear. When I press the fx button the menu bar at the top of the page (File, Edit, View etc) flickers but no fx window opens. I have tried opening and closing both windows and Acid but nothing happening. I am not that computer literate! Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/9/2022, 8:51 AM

@pozz Try running ACID in Windows 8 compatibility mode.

pozz wrote on 5/9/2022, 12:03 PM

Hi. Thanks I tried that but no difference. Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling as a next option. And can I do that with digital software bought online? Thanks for the reply

SP. wrote on 5/9/2022, 2:33 PM

@pozz Yes, you can uninstall the Magix software and then redownload it from your user account at https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/

PATIENT-X wrote on 5/9/2022, 3:24 PM

@pozz

Hello, welcome

Make sure to fully uninstall using the free Revo uninstaller for example which also removes any remnants from the registry.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

pozz wrote on 5/9/2022, 4:06 PM

Thanks SP and Patient-X. I shall see if that sorts the problem

pozz wrote on 5/10/2022, 3:40 PM

I used Revo to uninstall my current product and reinstalled but the problem is still there

PATIENT-X wrote on 5/11/2022, 11:23 AM

@pozz

Hi

Please leave your feedback here.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Nello-G wrote on 6/11/2023, 2:44 AM

The same thing happened to me. I tried for countless hours to fix this and finally thought I'd reinstall it. Made sure there were no traces in the registry. Upon reinstall I was flat out shocked the issue was not resolved. Now I'm thinking it must be a windows setting. One thing Pozz didn mention and I'm sure this is happening too would be a 'blink' of the entire Acid windows top border and for that split second the 'File Edit ...etc' are almost greyed out.

This discussion ended with no solution. Therefore POZZ if you're out there ...How did you fix this>?? It's killing me

SP. wrote on 6/11/2023, 3:34 AM

@Nello-G Try the usual things like restarting the computer (do not select the Shut down option but the Restart option!). Try running ACID as administrator by right clicking on the program icon. Try installing all pending Windows updates.

Nello-G wrote on 6/13/2023, 2:38 PM

This was not usual. I have extensive computer knowledge. This particular PC was built for music and not online and locked from updates. Worked great for 2 years. Nothing added, nothing installed and then poof. Therefore I knew none of the fore mentioned suggestions were valid. Hence, why I wanted to reach out to Pozz since knowing the issue was a windows related issue and not specifically a setting as it turns out.

No one should have to have their work interrupted by this hell! LoL

-Cheers Pozz

SP. wrote on 6/13/2023, 4:31 PM

@Nello-G Since you have extensive computer knowledge you very likely create backups regularly using the Grandfather-Father-Son Backup scheme. Simply load your latest backup and see if it works normally again.