Full Screen View Results in Monitor Disappearing From Editing Timeline

PsychotropicFilms wrote on 2/21/2014, 10:45 AM

I just found a bug in VPX6 - I think.  When I go to full screen mode and then back to the editing screen, the left video monitor is gone.  I have to go to WINDOW-->WINDOW ARRANGEMENT--->_default  to reset the editing layout in order to have the monitor re-appear.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Can users of the new VPX6, simply try to replicate....1) load a move. 2) switch to full screen mode and play a few seconds od the movie. 3) Then return back to your normal editing screen.   Does the left monitor disappear. 

Thanks, Bart

[[VIDEO:cloud://]]

Comments

browj2 wrote on 2/21/2014, 1:21 PM

Hi Bart,

Just started playing with my new toy. I can't replicate what you did. My left monitor is the playback and the right one is preview. I tried both monitors, using the little rectangle in the upper right of each window to go  to full screen, same to come back. No problem.

You didn't mistakenly click on the x to go back to normal size did you? I tried that and my monitor disappeared as I expected it would. Shift+v brings it back ( or Window - Program monitor.

Hope this was all it was.

Last changed by browj2 on 2/21/2014, 1:21 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

PsychotropicFilms wrote on 2/21/2014, 2:21 PM

Hi John:

Thanks for the input. It's good to know if others are having the problem or not.  I'll look into your suggestions when I get home from work.

Magix support sent me their utility software that interogates the computer to see if I have something installed that's effecting the program.  I had another issue where I was trying to load a DVCPRO HD file but had no CODEC installed for that format and Video Pro X6 was suppose to give me a pop-up dialog box where I can purchase the DVCPRO HD CODEC right from the program. That never happened and I'm scratching my head about that. 

Sometimes i get frustrated because I contacted Magix and their advice was the blame is on the anti-virus software or the program wasn't 'run-as-administrator'.  Maybe software should 'sense' when other programs are impeding a function and alert the user. That should seem hard to do.