FTP Publishing In App

PeteFisher wrote on 9/4/2021, 8:16 AM

Hi, I'm using Xara Designer Pro X 18.0.0.61642  DL x64 Mar 18 2021

Operating system:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
65536MB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT

The direct from app publishing feature in Xara Designer Pro X is not working. It exports properly and the status bar goes through the process. But then the website never updates. It's not the browser cache. It's not my hosting site, I have been through it with them about this several times. What I ultimately have to do is use Filezilla to complete the publishing. I didn't have to do this previously before upgrading from the Web Designer 6 version.

The fields in my attached screenshot are blank because I can't give pics of my info, password etc.

I should be able to publish from the software right?

I was told by email support that since there is no error message then there is no error being made by this program, and left at that. Kinda lame. I'm doing everything as I have always done, thoroughly to get this right or fix it. Is this feature still available and working?

Comments

Former user wrote on 9/8/2021, 7:24 AM

I had Xara Designer Pro X 18.0.0.61642  DL x64 Mar 18 2021 for a while, and I had no problems uploading my website to my custom FTP server.

I have since updated to Xara Designer Pro X 18.5.0.62892  DL x64 Aug 11 2021 and I am still able to upload my website to my custom FTP server.

Due to a change made by my hosting company, I did have to change one thing in DPX. For a while I was using FTP as the protocol. After the host server made their change, I found that uploading stopped working (not just in DPX, but in all FTP clients)

To solve my particular issue, all I had to do was change the server protocol from “FTP" to FTPS (FTP over SSL/TSL). Then the uploads from DPX started to work again.

Maybe this has happened for you as well. Give it a try and see what happens.

Note: I think you also have to make sure that in Control Panel | Internet Option, under the Advanced tab, in the security section, that at least TLS 1.2 is selected.

PeteFisher wrote on 9/8/2021, 11:37 AM

I had to set it to SFTP (SSH-FTP) but it worked. Thanks very much for the tip, I appreciate that.