Comments

SP. wrote on 8/22/2023, 7:21 AM

@Guy-VV These aren't Sounpools but a song collection and sound effects. Simply extract the downloaded ZIP-archives and drag and drop the files via Windows Explorer or internal file browser into your project.

Guy-VV wrote on 8/22/2023, 8:04 AM

UPDATE: I re-read all the soundpools through 'settings', after decompressing the two zip files in the folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools\Shop.
The soundpool with Effects now appears, but some sounds are grayed out and thus cannot be loaded.

Indeed, the other collection (Score - Classic Film Music) is nowhere to be seen.

Oddly, I also see some loops that cannot be used and where I see the logo of 'Loops Unlimited' at the back?

SP. wrote on 8/22/2023, 8:35 AM

@Guy-VV Maybe you need to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu to get your Soundpools working again.

For sound effects and your song collection please use Windows Explorer or the internal file browser, not the Loops browser.

johnebaker wrote on 8/22/2023, 3:55 PM

@Guy-VV

Hi

. . . . but some sounds are grayed out . . . .

As @SP. posted above 'These aren't Sounpools but a song collection and sound effects', they are missing soundpool support files which provide information to the program on the specifics of the Soundpool.

Song collections and Sound effects should not be placed in the folder

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools\Shop

they are missing the necessary support files that would make them behave as Soundpools.

Move the Collection and Effects loops into a new appropriately named folder within Documents, Magix, Music Maker, and either use Windows File Explorer or the Music Maker internal file explorer to drag the audio loops to the timeline.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.